The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 04-23-2010, 01:21 PM

Cool Glue for Martin HPL Guitar

I just brought an abused unloved Martin LXM for the price of a few beers.The back and top are separating from the sides in a few places.Being it's not made of wood I knew a good wood glue wouldn't work.I emailed Martin to see what they use which is Statelite Green Label hot glue.When I checked on line it only comes in a large quanity and it's $42.Could anyone recomend a less expensive glue that would work.I brought the guitar hoping my 15 month grandson will be a picker someday lol.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:23 PM

This stuff?

http://woodworkersshop.com/satellite...caglue2oz.aspx
Old 04-24-2010, 08:53 AM

That is the stuff. When I first looked I saw it came in a kit for $42 but realized I could probably just buy the glue alone.The other items are solvents for cleaning and an acelerator so it just drys faster.I'm going take a ride to Home Depot and see if they have the stuff or something similar.Thanks for the input.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair