The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-05-2021, 07:11 PM

Default Bose l1 pro 8.

Was thinking of getting one of these for my man cave. Can’t decide If this would be better or maybe a good acoustic amp. Will only be using at home. No gigging or travel set ups. Any suggestions.
Old 04-05-2021, 07:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodler View Post
Was thinking of getting one of these for my man cave. Can’t decide If this would be better or maybe a good acoustic amp. Will only be using at home. No gigging or travel set ups. Any suggestions.
Do a search here on Bose L1 Pro and you will see lots of discussion on this new line and how they compare to many other PAs and amps.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:28 PM

In a small space (single room) the Bose systems might not be the best sound choice. You may get more enjoyment from an acoustic system like the Elite Acoustics which use full range monitor style speakers.
Old 04-07-2021, 05:23 AM

I've owned 3 Bose units...and obviously really like them for live performances...but...for home use I'd go with an acoustic amp. In the price range of a pro 8 you can't get an amp with a much better acoustic tone (IMO)...even with a lot less $$. I've never bought a Bose because I thought it made my acoustic sound the best...they are amazing units for live use (I admit, for home use, they make great, very expensive, Bluetooth speakers)....great dispersion, cut through a band, handle most any room easily and still very good tone..
Old 04-07-2021, 06:16 AM

Have you looked at this?

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Electro...urce=4SOS0DRBA

It's what I wound up getting over the Bose.

Martin D-28 Satin
Fender American Ultra Telecaster
Old 04-08-2021, 12:06 PM

Default Pro 8

I haven’t seen or heard the EV array setup. I’ll have to look around and find one. It looks like it has more than 2 channels. That’s a plus. I heard a bose 8 and 16 with Bluetooth hook up to my phone. The sound was really good. I didn’t like the fact that it was only 2 channels though. I would like at least 3. 1 vocal and 2 guitars.
I didn’t have a chance to play a guitar through it.

Thanks for suggestions.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodler View Post
If you gotta have "the name" then go for the Bose. Better sounding units can be had for the same $, i.e. Yamaha Stagepas 1K, and/or Turbosound IP2000.
Old 04-12-2021, 01:30 PM

I haven’t seen the Yamaha yet. I’ll check it out if I can find one local. I did get the chance to check out the Bose pro 8 and the ev 30. They both sounded good with a Taylor acoustic. Think the ev sounded a little more natural to me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification