The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-05-2021, 02:28 PM
Charter Member

Default Need an acoustic pedal board

I've got a few pedals, etc., that I'm going to start using regularly with my live rig and I just can't find a pedal board or case that suits what I want. I want it to be as small as possible for the pedals I'm mounting, a hard case and a universal power supply. This is all I'm going to have on it = Baggs Para DI, Polytune (full size) and a Mic Mechanic. Anyone got any ideas for a flight case or briefcase style pedal board?
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 04-05-2021, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Mick View Post
I've got a few pedals, etc., that I'm going to start using regularly with my live rig and I just can't find a pedal board or case that suits what I want. I want it to be as small as possible for the pedals I'm mounting, a hard case and a universal power supply. This is all I'm going to have on it = Baggs Para DI, Polytune (full size) and a Mic Mechanic. Anyone got any ideas for a flight case or briefcase style pedal board?
Pedaltrain. They have something like 11 different sizes. Their smaller boards come with a deluxe gig bag that's super heavy duty but if you are stuck on the hard case, they sell that as well. In terms of the power supply, look at the Truetone CS6. I would do something like pedaltrain mini and CS6 mounted underneath.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:48 PM

Default If you have too much extra space - why not USE it?

Just something to consider:

I have a hard case pedalboard with a lot of extra space. But coiling my cords can store them nicely there.

I play at open mics, so need to get on and off stage quickly and with as little fuss as possible.

Plop the pedalboard down, open, pull out cables to hand to the PA operator, pull out guitar cable and plug in and pull out mic (if I am using my own mic). Everything was all in the pedalboard case.

(p.s. I have a battery for powering everything in the case, so no need to plug into external power.)
Old 04-06-2021, 12:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Pedaltrain. They have something like 11 different sizes. Their smaller boards come with a deluxe gig bag that's super heavy duty but if you are stuck on the hard case, they sell that as well. In terms of the power supply, look at the Truetone CS6. I would do something like pedaltrain mini and CS6 mounted underneath.
My board is a PedalTrain Mini and, to give you an idea about size, there’s space for my Source-Audio Programmable EQ, Boss CE-5 Chorus, Orchid Muting DI (active), and TC PolyTune Mini, all powered by a top-mounted T-Rex Fuel Tank Jr. 5 x 9v power supply. I had to top-mount the Fuel Tank, because the PT Mini doesn’t have room to mount a PS underneath, due to the board being parallel to the floor (i.e. no elevation).

I have the standard gig-bag that comes with the PT Mini, but I believe a hard case is available for an additional charge.

It’s compact, and works very well indeed for me. I imagine it would fit the bill for you, Mick. I know you say you want a board that’s as small as possible, but I’d recommend you to have a bit of space available, on the off-chance you might want/need to add a pedal later - I’d like to add a looper or reverb/delay to mine, but I’m already out of space!

I also recommend 3M Dual-lock for anchoring pedals to the board rather than Velcro. Dual-lock feels very ‘positive’ because the little ‘mushrooms’ do actually lock together, and produce a far stronger grip than Velcro.

Hope this helps?

92FA9611-F76E-4818-9128-25AFC5047A31.jpg

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)

Last edited by JayBee1404; 04-10-2021 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:28 AM
Charter Member

I like the angled pb's....notably the Gator Small
and Rockboard Duo. I just wanted to point out the flat vs angled
consideration to you. They come with soft cases, but that has not been an
issue for me. I use the 1-spot to power the pedals. Good luck.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:44 AM
Charter Member

I really appreciate everyone's help. I really couldn't find what I was looking for, but I did come across this one which is pretty close so I pulled the trigger on it this morning. Plus they had a demo model that saved me some extra cash.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...rd-and-gig-bag
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 04-06-2021, 07:12 AM

Guess I'm a little late to the party. I went with a tourtec battery powered pedal board so I'd have the option of being able to play without needing power (along with my Bose S1 Pro). So far, it's been great! It's light weight and lasts about 4 hours on a charge. Only downside is the pocket on the case is a little small, so the amount of cables , mics, etc you can carry is somewhat limited

https://www.samash.com/tourtek-pb190...se-satpb1905-p
Old 04-06-2021, 10:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I really appreciate everyone's help. I really couldn't find what I was looking for, but I did come across this one which is pretty close so I pulled the trigger on it this morning. Plus they had a demo model that saved me some extra cash.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...rd-and-gig-bag
Never seen one of those before - looks great! Hope it works well for you! Enjoy!

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)
Old 04-06-2021, 10:40 AM

SKB are always an excellent choice.

I’ve used Palmer Pedalbay boards in various sizes over the years. I have one of their five way PSUs which is excellent, too. The Pedalbays are great VFM, tour worthy and sturdy, and well thought out. The 40, which I currently use, houses my Boss AD10 and FS5U, along with a Boss delay and overdrive (the Waze Craft ones...I forget the model number!) and a Mooer Tender Octaver Mk1, along with the Palmer PSU, with no issues. Great bit of kit:
‘97 Martin D18GE (Sunrise)
‘01 Takamine EAN46C (Palathetic and CT4B)
'02 Takamine EAN20C (Palathetic and CT4BII)
'15 Gibson SJ200 Standard (Sunrise)
‘19 Vintage Paul Brett Viator VC Classical
‘20 Sigma CF-100 copy (Sunrise)

Capos by G7th, amplification by AER.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:26 PM

I came across these Schmidt Array boards recently, great build quality (Top prices though....)
These are the smaller boards -
https://www.schmidtarray.com/sa250

Some nice features like input/output patch panel and hinged top section, and they close up like a suitcase.

John Smith uses one for his acoustic rig -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-UnSRXlG8I

Cheers, Colin

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification