The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-06-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akousticplyr View Post
Looks like preorders may be going on now.

Not sure of this site's veracity, but according to this link, it will start shipping 22 June 2020. Also, the price wont be $179 but $349.

https://www.artistguitars.com.au/buy...-DI-with/16321
Thanks for the update. I am more curious about the Soundscape at the moment but unfortunately, I don't think we will see it hit stores anytime soon which is a bummer. I am intrigued by the fact that the Soundscape only needs a phone, which takes out the guess work of micing the guitar and using various placements. I also like how Lloyd discussed the fact that they worked hard on eliminating that hollow/room noise that many IR pedals have.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Thanks for the update. I am more curious about the Soundscape at the moment but unfortunately, I don't think we will see it hit stores anytime soon which is a bummer. I am intrigued by the fact that the Soundscape only needs a phone, which takes out the guess work of micing the guitar and using various placements. I also like how Lloyd discussed the fact that they worked hard on eliminating that hollow/room noise that many IR pedals have.
Can you describe in length or point us a youtube video that best represent that «hollow room noise»?
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/
Old 06-06-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuki79 View Post
Can you describe in length or point us a youtube video that best represent that «hollow room noise»?
The best way to hear it would be to listen to an image on the Aura Spectrum up at/above 50% or even the Tonedexter at the highest blend. It's a distant/hollow type of tone that I know I am not the only one hearing as I have heard people reference this a lot. Maybe "hollow" isn't the best way to describe it, maybe more of a midrange "honk" but I find it's the one aspect of these pedals that I personally struggle with.

Lloyd might just be marketing his pedal but I liked how he discussed at length about the fact that with many of these pedals, the immediacy of the pickup is lost. Apparently they spent quite a bit of time trying to fix this issue. The Soundscape might end up just being another similar device to the Tonedexter but I am still excited to hear it.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Same here. ‘Available Spring 2020’...Ish?
06 Taylor Koa T5
09 Takamine 12 string
11 Taylor NS24ce-LTD
13 Gibson Les Paul Standard
14 Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
16 Taylor 524ce Mahogany
16 Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
17 PRS SE Custom 24
23 Taylor GS Mini Walnut LTD

---------------------
Old 06-07-2020, 06:22 AM

I think Baggs is discovering making phone apps when you have no volume driver of advertising revenue, or revenue the size of Harmon or Bose, is a very tough business proposition.

I am also guessing that they are finding the iPhones they did development on a lot more consistent than the sea of competing Android options.

All of which will obsolete their app on regular intervals.

It blows me away that Harmon does not even take the trouble to do something as simple as generate signed Windows drivers for their USB mixers. Baggs has bitten off a much larger problem.

To change subjects, at $350 (if that proves right in the US market) the NUX pedal is no competition for ToneDexter.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 06-08-2020, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post

To change subjects, at $350 (if that proves right in the US market) the NUX pedal is no competition for ToneDexter.
I agree Jon. The only real competition for Tonedexter is a Signal Processing Book. You are here to prove it.

Cuki
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/
Old 07-25-2020, 05:15 PM

I really don't see them trying to come to market at 349. When you look at the rest of their offerings like their stage man looper is substantially less than anybody else in that stompbox 8 minute of loop time region. But that said. I don't know beyond the ability Mic my own guitar that it offers be enough to get off of my a1 four. I've been playing around with guitar lab the past few days and zoom has really really upped their game with this pedal in fact I don't know how they're going to get people to buy their other acoustic pedals at this point.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernslope View Post
I really don't see them trying to come to market at 349. When you look at the rest of their offerings like their stage man looper is substantially less than anybody else in that stompbox 8 minute of loop time region. But that said. I don't know beyond the ability Mic my own guitar that it offers be enough to get off of my a1 four. I've been playing around with guitar lab the past few days and zoom has really really upped their game with this pedal in fact I don't know how they're going to get people to buy their other acoustic pedals at this point.
Is there a way to load an IR from another source into the A1 four?
Old 07-25-2020, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
Is there a way to load an IR from another source into the A1 four?
Not that I know of. But I have very rudimentary skills on guitar Lab at this point.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:31 PM

But they've already added five or six acoustic guitar patches.
Old 07-25-2020, 07:24 PM

If the $179 price is correct, and it really does sound good, I'm going to have trouble not buying one.
Old 07-26-2020, 01:23 AM

I have called and searched everywhere and I can’t find one. I guess they are not in the USA at this point. It looks like it was originally set for April. Maybe delayed due to COVID.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:04 AM

Default Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernslope View Post
You were right on this. I got mine for $150 and it's worth it.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:12 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
I have called and searched everywhere and I can’t find one. I guess they are not in the USA at this point. It looks like it was originally set for April. Maybe delayed due to COVID.
Which pedal?
Old 01-24-2021, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
Which pedal?
That was posted in July. I found one right after that post.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification