The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-07-2021, 11:32 AM

Default PSA-ebony compound Strat

Several years ago, needing a replacement for the neck on my 1995 Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, I ran across a sale on these, by Mighty-Mite...the one I got was a bit less than this deal at that time, but this is still a great deal if you're looking for a replacement. Compound radius 9.5"-12' ebony fretboard with MOP-oid dots.

One caveat is that the stock finish isn't the best, nor the nut; when I received mine I masked the ebony board, sanded down all the maple and shot it with nitrocellulose. The nut I discarded right away, as it was cheap plastic and poorly finished, and replaced it with a Tusg Trem-nut...easy to do since this neck has a flat nut slot and the pre-slotted nut needed very little slotting/finishing. I completed the job with Schaller locking tuners.

With a little work I was very pleased with the results; if ebony does it for you as a playing surface, this price is far less than what one usually sees...mine even has a bit of bonus birds-eye figure in the maple, though YMMV.

https://stratosphereparts.com/new-fe...eid=daf5f6184b
Taylor 412K ('96)
Yamaha LL16-12 (SOLD)
PRS 'Studio' (SOLD)
Rickenbacker 660-12 (SOLD)
Fender USA Deluxe Strat
Fender USA Roadhouse Strat
Fender MIM/USA Partscaster
Fender MIM Nashville Tele
Kelsey Custom Hardtail Strat
Fender MIM P-Bass
Old 04-13-2021, 06:48 PM

I keep thinking that I'll build a partscaster one of these days. This would be a good option for the fretboard as I LOVE ebony and am pretty meh on rosewood and maple fretboards.

1978 Larrivee L-26 cutaway
1988 Larrivee L-28 cutaway
2006 Larrivee L03-R
2009 Larrivee LV03-R
2016 Irvin SJ cutaway
2020 Irvin SJ cutaway (build thread)
K+K, Dazzo, Schatten/ToneDexter

Notable Journey website
Facebook page

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. - Leonardo Da Vinci

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars