The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-30-2018, 09:31 AM

Default ES1.2 and Koa is a hard animal to tame!!

At praise band rehearsal last night, I had my 2008 Taylor Fall Ltd Koa GS as my guitar of choice. Unplugged this guitar sounds absolutely amazing, but I just never could get the tone just right with the ES1.2 system. I play the guitar straight into a Fender Acoustasonic 150 ran into the board. We have the EQ flat on the board and on my amp, except the mids are pulled down a little into the negative side on the amp. It was really bright no matter what I did and then I remembered a GS mini Koa/ES2 demo I saw on YouTube. The guy ran the bass all the way down and played and then all the way up to show the different tones and did the same with the treble and I was pretty amazed at how the tone changed so much in a good way. So I just turned the treble down on the guitar until it was almost off and "Whammo"......The sound I had been looking for was there 100%! I know I've read LOTS of negative comments on the ES1 system and I was about fed up with it until last night. Now, I've got it dialed in where I want it and it sounds really good. I just had to work hard to tame the sound, but I finally did it!

2019 Bourgeois “Banjo Killer” Aged Tone Vintage Deluxe D
2018 Martin D41 Ambertone (2018 Reimagined)
2016 Taylor GS Mini Koa ES2

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification