The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-09-2022, 12:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post
But I'm still waiting to see what they do with the 27" iMac before I think about jumping in.
It appears that the 27" iMac has been quietly discontinued. It is no longer offered for sale on Apple's website (except for certified refurbished Intel units).

The Mac Studio combined with the new Studio Display monitor is apparently its replacement.
Old 03-09-2022, 01:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post
It appears that the 27" iMac has been quietly discontinued. It is no longer offered for sale on Apple's website (except for certified refurbished Intel units).

The Mac Studio combined with the new Studio Display monitor is apparently its replacement.
Yes, it looks that way but we still don't know what Apple will release at the end of the year. The Mac Studio looks a good fit for me though.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube
Old 03-09-2022, 03:36 PM
Charter Member

Default A hour filled learning at the Apple Store today

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post

So my suggestion on the mini was pretty much based on just the $700 dollar difference and then for me personally the 10BG ethernet port on the mini (not available on the 24" iMac is the other reason because I use an Avid interface that uses AVB ethernet to connect to the computer.
Quote:
It appears that the 27" iMac has been quietly discontinued.
Had a fun time at the Apple Store. Got to spend time with a teck who is a guitarist and does some recording.
However he said that the people who work there, did not learn anything about the new units till Yesterday March 8th when it was released. So he is still learning himself.

So here are some of the things he had to say. I am sure some of this might be very controversial. And Please remember that my knowledge of terms were extremely poor. Some things that are so clear to everyone else are not to me.

+ The difference between GPU and CPU..(I have to laugh, as I did not understand this) is G is for Graphics. And according to him..will make no difference in Recording...only the CPU's

+ And now for a controversial statement he made: He explained cores are somewhat like speakers in a cabinet. More speakers means means load is divided more evenly.. He further said" "Some people claim that recording might even sound better than my old 2 core intel 2009 computer...as they can process all of the bits of information."
I have no idea..but it is an interesting concept. I have always wondered in the digital world if information could not be entirely transferred.

+ He also said this is one of the reasons why the 27 inch was discontinued as it uses intel and is no match for the MI chip.

+ I was not familiar with the term KevWind had used= Ethernet cable.
"An Ethernet cable carries the broadband signals between your modem, router, computer and other wired internet-capable devices."
Apparently, the 24 Imac has it built in to the Power cable.
?Unfortunately I forgot to ask what is the difference between the standard Ethernet and the 10BG cable?
As they did not have the cable for the Mac studio as of yet...he did not know about Ethernet Cable.
But I just found this that says it does. "Mac Studio comes with 10Gbit Ethernet port, a proprietary port for the new power cable."

+ "Unified Memory Architecture
This brings together high-bandwidth, low-latency memory into a single pool within a custom package. This allows all of the technologies in the SoC to access the same data without copying it between multiple pools of memory, which significantly improves performance and efficiency."

+ "The Neural Engine is designed to accelerate machine learning tasks across the Mac for things like video analysis, voice recognition, image processing, and more."

From what he had to say...is the MI in itself is so far above any of the intel chips.
He further stated that the Neural engine is not that big of a deal...just means a little faster at recalling.

*Coming down to earth...I realize that I need to focus on music...and not video.

Let's compare:
Mac Studio with MI Max: has 10 core CPU and 24 GPU & 16 neural engine and 32 unified memory, 1tb storage for $2199. & then I need a monitor and keyboard and mouse. I would not need an expensive monitor...as I am using it for Music only.. So add on another $400 for all.
For a total of $2600

The Mini with MI has; 8 core CPU & *core GPU, 16 unified memory, 10bg ethernet & ITB storage for $1399
And again...adding on another $400 for monitor and keyboard, mouse.
For a total of $1800

Imac 24 with MI: 8 GPU, 8 CPU, 16 unified Memory & 1TB storage
Comes with Ethernet...but not sure you can get 10BG ethernet?
For $2099...comes with screen and mouse.

So it looks to me that for music...the advantage of the Mac Studio with MI MAX is it has 2 more CPU's that the other options. And 32 unified memory over the 16 offered for the other two.

Final questions:
1. How much value does that extra 2 cores mean? And further...does that 10 cores with the MI Max Chip...work a lot better than if it where 10 cores with the Standard MI Chip? The teck could not answer this.

2. Is that 32 unified memory really going to make a difference over the 16 unified memory of the other two? Is it just speed? I can wait a little longer for programs to load...that is..unless it makes a big difference when you loading several plug in's.

3. What does the 10BG ethernet cable allow me over the standard? My current interface just plugs into usb.

4. Is 1 TB of storage good for what I am doing? Or do I need more and why. Just doing one ablum.
Old 03-09-2022, 03:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
+ And now for a controversial statement he made: He explained cores are somewhat like speakers in a cabinet. More speakers means means load is divided more evenly.. He further said" "Some people claim that recording might even sound better than my old 2 core intel 2009 computer...as they can process all of the bits of information."
I have no idea..but it is an interesting concept. I have always wondered in the digital world if information could not be entirely transferred.

+ He also said this is one of the reasons why the 27 inch was discontinued as it uses intel and is no match for the MI chip.
The number of cores in a CPU does not have an influence over how your music sounds. I don't know where he got that idea but if it were true, you'd find conversations about which CPUs produce the better sound on every recording forum. They don't exist because there's no truth to it.

As for the 27" iMac being discontinued because it used an Intel chip, every Apple computer in production (except the brand new Mac Studio) used an Intel chip before they moved over to the M1 chips. Apple decided to abandon the 27" iMac for some reason but it wasn't because of the Intel chip.

YouTube
Old 03-09-2022, 07:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Had a fun time at the Apple Store. Got to spend time with a teck who is a guitarist and does some recording.
However he said that the people who work there, did not learn anything about the new units till Yesterday March 8th when it was released. So he is still learning himself.

So here are some of the things he had to say. I am sure some of this might be very controversial. And Please remember that my knowledge of terms were extremely poor. Some things that are so clear to everyone else are not to me.

+ The difference between GPU and CPU..(I have to laugh, as I did not understand this) is G is for Graphics. And according to him..will make no difference in Recording...only the CPU's

"An Ethernet cable carries the broadband signals between your modem, router, computer and other wired internet-capable devices."
?Unfortunately I forgot to ask what is the difference between the standard Ethernet and the 10BG cable?
As they did not have the cable for the Mac studio as of yet...he did not know about Ethernet Cable.
But I just found this that says it does. "Mac Studio comes with 10Gbit Ethernet port, a proprietary port for the new power cable."

This brings together high-bandwidth, low-latency memory into a single pool within a custom package. This allows all of the technologies in the SoC to access the same data without copying it between multiple pools of memory, which significantly improves performance and efficiency."

+ "The Neural Engine is designed to accelerate machine learning tasks across the Mac for things like video analysis, voice recognition, image processing, and more."

From what he had to say...is the MI in itself is so far above any of the intel chips.
He further stated that the Neural engine is not that big of a deal...just means a little faster at recalling.

*Coming down to earth...I realize that I need to focus on music...and not video.

Let's compare:
Mac Studio with MI Max: has 10 core CPU and 24 GPU & 16 neural engine and 32 unified memory, 1tb storage for $2199. & then I need a monitor and keyboard and mouse. I would not need an expensive monitor...as I am using it for Music only.. So add on another $400 for all.
For a total of $2600

The Mini with MI has; 8 core CPU & *core GPU, 16 unified memory, 10bg ethernet & ITB storage for $1399
And again...adding on another $400 for monitor and keyboard, mouse.
For a total of $1800

Imac 24 with MI: 8 GPU, 8 CPU, 16 unified Memory & 1TB storage
Comes with Ethernet...but not sure you can get 10BG ethernet?
For $2099...comes with screen and mouse.

So it looks to me that for music...the advantage of the Mac Studio with MI MAX is it has 2 more CPU's that the other options. And 32 unified memory over the 16 offered for the other two.

Final questions:
1. How much value does that extra 2 cores mean? And further...does that 10 cores with the MI Max Chip...work a lot better than if it where 10 cores with the Standard MI Chip? The teck could not answer this.

2. Is that 32 unified memory really going to make a difference over the 16 unified memory of the other two? Is it just speed? I can wait a little longer for programs to load...that is..unless it makes a big difference when you loading several plug in's.

3. What does the 10BG ethernet cable allow me over the standard? My current interface just plugs into usb.

4. Is 1 TB of storage good for what I am doing? Or do I need more and why. Just doing one ablum.
Yes, music production is usually not as CPU or GPU intensive as visual creative arts, and this means the M1 8/8 SoC will be plenty for most music production. Now, if you are dealing with 100 tracks, most of which involve sampled libraries for MIDI, and numerous plugins for mixing, etc., the M1 Standard may choke.

Apple offers two Ethernet speeds. The lower one is in the range of earlier USB speeds. The better one is in the range of recent USB speeds. Neither approaches Thunderbolt 4 speed (40 Gbps).

From Wiki:

"Ethernet network speeds have evolved significantly over time and typically range from Ethernet (802.11) at 10 Mbps, Fast Ethernet (IEEE 802.3u) at 100 Mbps, Gigabit Ethernet (IEEE 802.3-2008) at 1000 Mbps and 10 Gigabit Ethernet (IEEE 802.3a) at 10 Gbps."

One other thought - the clarity and beauty of a 4k (21" monitor), 4.5k (24") or 5k (27") should not be underestimated, particularly if you envision looking at the monitor for many hours at a time. The price of such a monitor, plus keyboard and mouse will be much higher than $400.

Last edited by sdelsolray; 03-09-2022 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-09-2022, 07:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Yes, music production is usually not as CPU or GPU intensive as visual creative arts, and this means the M1 8/8 SoC will be plenty for most music production. Now, if you are dealing with 100 tracks, most of which involve sampled libraries for MIDI, and numerous plugins for mixing, etc., the M1 Standard may choke.

One other thought - the clarity and beauty of a 4k (21" monitor), 4.5k (24") or 5k (27") should not be underestimated, particularly if you envision looking at the monitor for many hours at a time. The price of such a monitor, plus keyboard and mouse will be much higher than $400.
I really don't watch movies or play games on computer. And I still have my other Mac for doing photo work on. So a low budget monitor will be fine for Music. Only looking at Logic and plug ins.

Still..that is one of the main reasons why I am still considering the Imac 24.
The main difference between the 24inch and the Mini may come down to the value of the 10gb ethernet. I am hoping that KevWind will explain its value. The difference in price between the Mini and the Imac 24 would amount to $300 difference. Might be well worth it for a nice screen.

But that leaves the question as to What the real value of the MI Max chip over the MI chip? 2 more cores and 16 unified MORE memory. Will that add up to any difference? Or is having another 16 for a total of 32 unified memory a game changer?

I think the answer lies in if the Max chip does something more with the cores? Is 8 cores of M1 the same as 8 cores of Max? Is it just speed? or is it something more?
Old 03-09-2022, 07:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I really don't watch movies or play games on computer. And I still have my other Mac for doing photo work on. So a low budget monitor will be fine for Music. Only looking at Logic and plug ins.

Still..that is one of the main reasons why I am still considering the Imac 24.
The main difference between the 24inch and the Mini may come down to the value of the 10gb ethernet. I am hoping that KevWind will explain its value. The difference in price between the Mini and the Imac 24 would amount to $300 difference. Might be well worth it for a nice screen.

But that leaves the question as to What the real value of the MI Max chip over the MI chip? 2 more cores and 16 unified MORE memory. Will that add up to any difference? Or is having another 16 for a total of 32 unified memory a game changer?

I think the answer lies in if the Max chip does something more with the cores? Is 8 cores of M1 the same as 8 cores of Max? Is it just speed? or is it something more?
The benchmarks are out there. The M1 Max is significantly more powerful than the M1 Standard. It's more than just the number of cores (4 + 4 efficiency cores for the Standard and 8 + 2 efficiency cores for the Max). For example, the M1 Standard has 16 billion transistors. The M1 Max has 57 billion, however, most of that difference is tied to the GPU capabilities of the two SoCs. The Max has twice as many heavy lifting cores as the Standard.

Still, the 24" iMac with the M1 Standard SoC is an impressive package, and it includes a 4.5k Retina screen. Again, a Retina screen is simply marvelous.

As to Ethernet, it's a side show. Few music related devices use it (Avid's Carbon being one exception). Thunderbolt 4 connectivity is 400% faster than the fastest Ethernet currently available.

As to memory, 16 Gb should be plenty unless you (again) have many many tracks with VST instruments and plugins. I have 16 Gb on my 2011 i5 iMac and I can run Studio One Pro, loaded with a song and plugins AND run Pro Tools Standard (also with a song and plugins), at the same time (my Apogee interface allows this), and the memory usage will approach 7 Gb. I can even play both songs at the same time and not use ½ of the memory available. The efficiency of Apple Silicon SoC unified memory should easily handle the same tasks.

Still, future proofing a new computer should be considered. While 16 Gb of memory may be more than enough today, who knows what may be needed in 5, 7 or 10 years from now. Programmers have a way of demanding more and more from CPUs and memory as time passes.

Last edited by sdelsolray; 03-09-2022 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-09-2022, 08:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
More or less correct but not totally CPU stands for Central Processing Unit and yes the audio processing is done there
GPU is as he stated Graphics Processing Unit
So the CPU is more important in Audio... BUT do be aware the all visual digital aspects off the DAW ( the way it looks and functions visually on the screen) the way it revels waveforms all the visual aspects of all the adjustments. All the visual aspects of the plugins are all handled by the GPU so the better the GPU interfaces with the CPU the smoother and quicker the visual aspects of the DAW will work. (Make sense ?)
What is great about the Apple silicon is The CPU and GPU and the RAM are all on the same chip so there is quicker communication (interfacing) and more efficiency between those functions. ON intel they are all on different chips so the interfacing is slower and less efficient .
Quote:
+ And now for a controversial statement he made: He explained cores are somewhat like speakers in a cabinet. More speakers means means load is divided more evenly..
Basically True, and also more cores means more efficiency in the use of f the CPU so more complex sessions can be run with less cliches and less likely to Max out the CPU And compared to Intel Apple silicon will get better overall performance per core

Quote:
He further said" "Some people claim that recording might even sound better than my old 2 core intel 2009 computer...as they can process all of the bits of information."
I think not really in any noticeable way. Just more cores is "more processing power" faster and more efficient not better Per. se.

Quote:
Well sort of But I think It is probably more likely they stopped buying the intel chips for the 27" iMac and have sold them out . The big question now is will Apple bring out an M chip series 27" or will that simply as sdelsolray mentioned consider the Mac Studio and 27 Studio Display as the "replacement" ????

Quote:
Well Yes and no Yes in its weight class, on a per core basis and anything close on a per dollar basis ? most definitely. In a comparison to the all out top Intel and ADM chips No,, but those machines will be way more expensive than the M1 mini or M1 24" iMac.

Quote:

With an interface that connects via USB or Thunder Bolt --- Ethernet connection will not matter.
10 GB ethernet is simply faster than Gigabit Ethernet (which is 1 GB) I only mentioned the 10 GB ethernet because my interface connects to the computer with ethernet. But as sdelsolray mentioned TB 3-4 are faster yet I am guessing the reason Avid used it on the Carbon interface is that has onboard DSP Audio processing chips so it does not need T4 for lowest possible round trip latency AND Eithernet is How Avids digital consoles connect

Getting late More tomorrow

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1

Last edited by KevWind; 03-11-2022 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-09-2022, 08:37 PM

Just updated my reply to fix those quotes

Quote:

So close to entirely true, that we can just say: true. I could explain the exceptions, but they would just confuse things.

Quote:
As someone has already said, assuming an accurate memory for your restatement: false. Again, there are some unusual situations that one could point to, but these are not worth your consideration.

Quote:
Sorta-kinda true. But you don't need to worry about what you can no longer buy new. Forgetaboutit.

Quote:
I think I heard that Kevin's interface uses Ethernet. Yours likely won't, so there's no great reason to choose based on the maximum speed of the Ethernet port.

Quote:

Yes, it's new stuff, and is presenting pretty great general performance with lower energy usage.

Quote:
Yes! Exactly. Even though I think you've mentioned desires to create orchestral pieces using virtual instruments (something that could just possibly be challenging to a slower modern Apple computer) I think you're worrying too much about making sure you get the right or most computer. There's no way (even spending cubic money "to make sure") that anyone can say you won't have problems as you learn what you really will be doing as you do it. And many of those problems won't be because of which CPU you choose, or even related to computer hardware at all.

If you want to record that album, you should start getting into making the record. Worst case scenario you might have to decide to "change horses in midstream" -- not ideal, but if you never get your hooves wet, you'll never cross the river.

I'd say get at least 16 gigs RAM, even though the early users of the first Apple Silicon 8 gig RAM machines last year were saying that was often enough even for programs they thought were RAM intensive.

Whatever you do, don't get less than 512 gig internal storage (and if you can afford it, 1 TB for the internal drive) and if you're going to be going for large sample libraries (orchestral stuff can take up huge amounts of diskspace) get a USB 3 or Thunderbolt 2 TB external drive just for samples and plug it in.

I don't think it's terribly important in the next year or two if you get an Intel Mac Mini I5 or I7 model that for some reason they are still selling,* or an M1 Mac Mini or 24" IMac, or the entry level CPU in the new Mac Studio. I could make an argument for each one of the above, but if I put them all up on the wall an threw a blindfolded dart at those choices, they're all more likely to get your project done than more analysis.

*these "leftover" Intel CPU models are likely the most controversial choice I present, but for the next year or so, the time when you should be working on your album, they are still safe choices with enough power to handle orchestral VMs, and you should have the widest software compatibility with them. No, they aren't as "future-proof" -- but historically, a lot of future proof choices can be subject to unexpected futures anyway. Get the 16 gig memory model, as they should be good to start, and those last Intel Mac Minis still allow aftermarket RAM upgrades.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....

Last edited by FrankHudson; 03-10-2022 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:56 PM

wow...I remember how excited I was in '98 when I bought the first powermac g3 with a 6 gig hardrive and final cut pro1. That set me back. Still have it....boxed in a closet waiting for antique status. I've now watched Apple double or quadruple the power with every new model for nearly 25 years. But that was for digital video....and the new doublemac mini studio is overkill if you're not running 4k at 120fps...at the minimum, and maybe 6 or 8k. A little basic mac mini would be all any home music studio would need. The graphic needs of a daw is minuscule in comparison to 24megapixels changing every 120th of a second. Integrated graphics on 4 core i5's is more than enough running ddr4. My one tip on monitors for daw's is a cheap 40"4k set back a meter or so is a blessing for eye strain, and there's still plenty of detail for the timeline. Harddrive space is important. And backup. Otherwise I'd recommend investing in instruments, mics', pickups. They'll give the inspiration. And the story about the apple tech dude saying that more cores will affect the sound quality is classic to understanding don't trust the genius bar. Apple fills their minds with mystical garbage.
Takamine F349, Takamine g340, Yamaha LL6M
'78 Fender Strat
Univox Ultra elec12string
Lute 13 strings
Gibson Les Paul Triumph Bass
Piano, Keyboards, Controllers, Marimba, Dusty Strings harp
Old 03-09-2022, 11:07 PM
Charter Member

I was just talking someone off the ledge. He was upset about Apple dropping the 27" iMac because that's what he was anticipating buying. While we were talking, I was running some numbers for him...

I bought my iMac in 2017 and it cost me about $3300 (and that was with an educators discount). I think the only upgrade I did was to go to 32gb ram.

Fast forward to today, I can buy the base Mac Studio, upgrade the storage to 1TB, add a non-Apple 32" wide screen 4K monitor for about $500, and the price would be around $2700. I can buy a machine that smokes my current iMac and spend $600 less to get it.

I was initially disappointed that Apple didn't drop a new 27" iMac but the more I think about it, the happier I am that they went with the Mac Studio instead. If OS issue are mostly sorted by the end of the year, I'm probably going to grab a Mac Studio.

YouTube
Old 03-10-2022, 11:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post
If OS issue are mostly sorted by the end of the year, I'm probably going to grab a Mac Studio.
Can you tell us what you mean by the OS issues?

What I am worried about is compatibility with VI's and Plug in's with the new MI Chip. And will there be even more incompatibilities with the MI Max chip? Or will it actually be more compatible?

I know there are work around's (using Rosetta), but how will those work around's effect my work flow?

I think it was Doug Young that once said " At some point you just got to Dive in"
I think that is where I am at. Actually, I don't think I have any other choice but to just dive in...and fix what ever problems I have as I go.
Old 03-10-2022, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Can you tell us what you mean by the OS issues?
Every year in the fall, like clockwork, Apple releases a new OS version. There are sometimes some early bugs with the new OS to balance against the new features. And with audio software and stuff there are just as often if not more so additional compatibly problems. If the company is actively supporting their software or hardware, they usually figure out how to fix things by partway into the "OS Year."

New Apple computers must run the latest version of Apple's OS, so there's no choice for example with the new Apple Studio computer but to run this year's MacOS.

Quote:
What I am worried about is compatibility with VI's and Plug in's with the new MI Chip. And will there be even more incompatibilities with the MI Max chip? Or will it actually be more compatible?
I'd expect no additional compatibility issues over the M1 or issues with the support for the latest OS version issues that had the same "starting line" for companies to catch up and fix issues.

Quote:
I know there are work around's (using Rosetta), but how will those work around's effect my work flow?

I think it was Doug Young that once said " At some point you just got to Dive in"
I think that is where I am at. Actually, I don't think I have any other choice but to just dive in...and fix what ever problems I have as I go.
Seconded!

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 03-10-2022, 11:50 AM
Charter Member

Just to add to what Frank said as far compatibility

As noted any new Mac purchased now will come with OS is Monterey installed and "Some" (but only some) software companies will not run natively on Monterey will run using Rosetta
Unfortunately , probably the only way to know if you 3rd party software (which Apple has no control over) will run on Monterey is to get on their website and see what they say about compatibility.... I forget what DAW are you using ?

BTW Rosetta is used to translate Intel-based Mac apps so they can run on Apple Silicon Macs without having to modify the source code. And users report it works pretty well

Yes most of us (who were not already knowledgeable about computer and DAW) but who appear to you as being savvy about this stuff all started knowing very little but have acquired "SOME' working knowledge over the years thru trial and error.... When I started I did not know a DAW-dle from a dabble .

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Last edited by KevWind; 03-10-2022 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-11-2022, 07:43 AM
Charter Member

Update :: So Apple had stated some time ago that all it's computers would be Apple Silicon based by the end of 2022
Which now that they have stopped selling the 27 " iMac, technically leaves only a new Mac Pro to be released by years end. Which will likely offer the M1 Ultra as a base model and is rumored to possibly be coming with a new M1 Quad or ( 4 M1 Max chips) Time will tell

BUT I just watched a video where an Apple prognosticator was saying he still thinks Apple may by years end, also release a new Mac Mini with maybe the M1 Pro chip and possibly more port connections which would place it between the current M1 Mini (with only the two M1 chip options), and the new Mac Studio which starts with a base M1 Max chip
And he further speculated the price maybe be somewhere between $1200 and $1500 Again Time will tell .....

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :

Last edited by KevWind; 03-11-2022 at 10:36 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD