The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-03-2020, 06:50 PM

Default NFL Playoffs

Round 1 - Wild card round with 4 games. What games are you watching?
Old 01-03-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Round 1 - Wild card round with 4 games. What games are you watching?
New England Patriots!
Old 01-03-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
New England Patriots!
+1. I'm interested to see if Brady has an "average QB" game or whether he puts up a QB rating over 100. Hopefully his receivers can run routes and catch balls.

Hard to believe that each of the 9 previous years not only did the Patriots make the playoffs but they had a first round bye.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
+1. I'm interested to see if Brady has an "average QB" game or whether he puts up a QB rating over 100. Hopefully his receivers can run routes and catch balls.

Hard to believe that each of the 9 previous years not only did the Patriots make the playoffs but they had a first round bye.

NE has not won the super bowl if they played a wildcard round, and their post season record is 3-3 when they don’t score a first week bye. Their playoff record with a first week bye is 27-7. But this is the post season, and how many times the Patriots make it to the post season as a less than perfect team just to take it all?
Old 01-04-2020, 11:02 AM

Default This is gonna sound crazy...

I'm going with the Titans and the points over the Brady Bunch
Old 01-04-2020, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
I'm going with the Titans and the points over the Brady Bunch
Boo! How dare you come into our Pats love fest and post that.

Just kidding, but do be sure to put money on it though.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-04-2020, 11:59 AM
Charter Member

I don't think I'd ever bet against New England - not until this era is well and fully over and dead and buried... But I always HOPE against them. And I like my odds this year. I expect them to win tonight, but then the most likely scenario is they'd have to beat both KC and Baltimore on the road and I think the odds of pulling off both of those are pretty long. Could happen - Belichek will no doubt pull some magic defense out of his hat and make it interesting. But outscoring both Lamar and Mahomes in consecutive weeks sounds pretty unlikely, even for Brady given the supporting cast he has to play with this year.

As for my Eagles, I think they have an outside chance of beating Seattle tomorrow night - not likely but quite possible. But if they do, I think that's it for them. They beat Green Bay on the road earlier this season, but I don't see it again. And San Francisco, no way.... But it's been fun watching Wentz seem to finally REALLY grow into the job. With the hospital ward and practice squad guys he's been playing with this last month, he's done some pretty amazing stuff - a couple of throws I wouldn't have believed if I hadn't seen them. But their four game winning streak was at the hands of some truly awful teams and the Cowboys, who are the biggest chokers in history for a team with some talent...
Old 01-04-2020, 01:19 PM

Michael Wilbon of ESPN's PTI show has the same thoughts as you and has mentioned that many times over the years. Odds should get better every year to bet against them but then I see the past 3 post seasons and 3 consecutive trips to the Super Bowl.

This year is different though. Don't think I've ever seen the Pats with such a poor offense before ... great defense though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
I don't think I'd ever bet against New England - not until this era is well and fully over and dead and buried... But I always HOPE against them. And I like my odds this year. I expect them to win tonight, but then the most likely scenario is they'd have to beat both KC and Baltimore on the road and I think the odds of pulling off both of those are pretty long. Could happen - Belichek will no doubt pull some magic defense out of his hat and make it interesting. But outscoring both Lamar and Mahomes in consecutive weeks sounds pretty unlikely, even for Brady given the supporting cast he has to play with this year.

As for my Eagles, I think they have an outside chance of beating Seattle tomorrow night - not likely but quite possible. But if they do, I think that's it for them. They beat Green Bay on the road earlier this season, but I don't see it again. And San Francisco, no way.... But it's been fun watching Wentz seem to finally REALLY grow into the job. With the hospital ward and practice squad guys he's been playing with this last month, he's done some pretty amazing stuff - a couple of throws I wouldn't have believed if I hadn't seen them. But their four game winning streak was at the hands of some truly awful teams and the Cowboys, who are the biggest chokers in history for a team with some talent...
Old 01-04-2020, 07:42 PM
Charter Member

Texans - Bills game was pretty darn good. It'll be interesting to see what they show up like next game. I don't think waiting until the 3rd quarter is going to get them very far, though it's gotten them another day...
Old 01-04-2020, 08:01 PM

A healthy JJ Watt makes all the difference.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith.rogers View Post
Texans - Bills game was pretty darn good. It'll be interesting to see what they show up like next game. I don't think waiting until the 3rd quarter is going to get them very far, though it's gotten them another day...
Hmmm.... it was the best most awful game I've ever seen. So, so many dumb decisions for both teams. It was the most poorly managed football game I've ever seen on both sides. Neither team should have won.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-04-2020, 09:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
Hmmm.... it was the best most awful game I've ever seen. So, so many dumb decisions for both teams. It was the most poorly managed football game I've ever seen on both sides. Neither team should have won.
Nobody gets a new coach for the playoffs. Yes, terrible play calls are what I've come to expect until someone wakes up, which amazingly seems to not be happening. Regardless, I saw some good playing by several players. As a rare football watcher, it's always nice to see a close game, regardless of the reason. Doesn't hurt that the "home-team" won .
Old 01-04-2020, 09:47 PM

Pats defense gives Brady a gift. Brady fails.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:24 PM

I said it last week that they deserve to lose the wildcard game for losing to the dolphins last week. But Brady will be back next season.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:26 PM
Charter Member

OK, NOW I’ll bet against New England... I really didn’t see this happening, but the rest of the playoffs will be more enjoyable for a non-Pats fan like me. Congrats to Tennessee - they deserve it, holding a one point lead that long against Brady.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic