The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 07-01-2022, 05:19 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Is the Guitar Makers Connection at the Martin factory open for business?

I used to make one trip each year to Nazareth and buy a truck load of guitar parts, wood, etc from the seconds and discontinued shop inside the Guitar Maker's Connection building. When Covid hit the shop shut down and they even stopped filling online orders, which was once commonplace when Gail ran the shop.

My attempts at reaching someone at Martin to answer this question has been frustrating. I'd love to place an order but I cannot if no one's home. Does anyone out there know the answer to whether the shop is open or not?
Old 07-01-2022, 06:39 PM

Open for business. I was there about a month ago; picked up some necks, fretboards and misc.

"GUITAR MAKERS CONNECTION
GUITAR MAKERS CONNECTIONS AT 10 WEST NORTH STREET IN NAZARETH, PA IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.

Hours: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday through Friday (Closed for lunch from 12:00 – 12:30 pm)"

https://www.martinguitar.com/visit-us.html#gmc

Inventory isn't like before when they had 200 necks and fretboards on shelves. Kits are only made to order.

Call main Martin number and transfer. Summer break next week.
Old 07-04-2022, 05:11 AM

They are open for in person business.

I tried to email an order after hearing they were back at it.
The response was as follows:
“Thank you for reaching out. I hate to disappoint you but until further notice, we will not be accepting phone or email orders. Our goal is to make a more diverse selection of parts available online in 2022.
If you are interested in purchasing, please visit our website for a limited selection of Guitar Makers Connection guitar parts, B-quality cases and kits.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out.

All my best
Leah”

Since I don’t need 16 different sets of bridge pins (yes I counted), the online portion is of no use to me.

I did make contact with someone local who was able to pick up some parts in person for me.
Old 07-04-2022, 06:00 AM

I was there a few months ago. There was very little inventory, just a few tops and a couple of back and side sets, very disappointing.
Old 07-04-2022, 06:09 AM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks everyone for chiming in. I was hoping to place an order over the phone and save the 7 hour drive to/from PA. It looks like I'll need to find another source for some mahogany sides sets in 0- and 00-size I'm looking for. Aahh, I yearn for the good old days.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair