The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-06-2022, 12:54 PM

This distillery was pretty cool as far as venues go. They built a stage right in the actual manufacturing part, and turned the warehouse into seating and standing.

Yamaha MIJ CJX32
Avalon L32
Avalon A32 Legacy
Lowden 022
Gibson J-185
Takamine TNV360sc
Cole Clark Fat Lady 3
Old 07-06-2022, 01:06 PM

Carnegie Music Hall.
Not that one, but the one in Pittsburgh.

No pics of the gig, but here's one of the venue...

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-07-2022, 02:19 AM

I played at a nudist club once.
Old 07-07-2022, 05:04 AM
Charter Member

Default Sherman Texas. 2004

I was on some Yahoo lists - About Townes, and te
Guylist (Guy Clark) and something called "the backporch" where we could happily go off sibject of the others. alomart everyone was on all three.

I was one of three or four Brits on it and most (not all the others were from Texas or NM.

They invited Nanny Jane and myself to visit - October 2004.

So ...we did. Flew into DFW and drove to our first destination little north -Coppell Meetings and jams, beer and Jack Daniels then we moved to friends in Midlothian and Waxahachie (love that name) then down to Austin for a night and on to Alpine for a few days in Big Bend.
all the time , except in Austin,we stayed with these internet friends.

We had been given "strict instructions" that we had to get back to Coppell by the following Friday morning.

Made it OK, then told that we were going to a Texas Music festival called "Beanstock!" for the weekend.

We were to stay onsite for the weekend and we (Jane & I) were to sleep in "popatop" a term I'd never before heard. it was some sort of trailer caravan.

when we arrived in a large forested area outside Sherman proper -we met all the other guys we;'d met and Jane and I were told to go for a walk raoud while the others set up camp, around an already prepared campfire.

Then, I was told that I'd be playing on the Saturday afternoon! Huh? Totally unprepared.

Now, this festival was in a natural amphitheater ownwed by a farmer (?) named "Bean" who had built a really large p.a. system which he couldn't fit into his house , so he built it into a stage area outside.

The deal was ONLY Texans could perform there . but I'm a Brit.
So, they created a procedure where I was appointed "Honorary Texan" (I have my certificate somewhere).

I was to be provided with a Martin dread which sadly arrived as my set finished and I was loaned a Breedlove with was difficult for me to play.
I don't think I was very good but the audience was very laid back and accepting.

Then it was campfire stuff all through the night with Texan beers and pints of JD.

It was a great experience and I could NEVER say enough about the hospitality and friendship of my American pals there.
Old 07-07-2022, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
[...] pints of JD.

It was a great experience and I could NEVER say enough about the hospitality and friendship of my American pals there.
Nor should you say anything about their taste in "bourbon" (and how to serve it)?

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)
Old 07-07-2022, 06:08 PM

The El Mocambo Club in Toronto before its recent restoration. It was down on its luck when i backed my daughter in a set for a political fundraiser a few years ago.. The club's main claim to fame was hosting a preview gig for an upcoming Stones tour in the 70s where Margaret Trudeau (estranged wife of the Canadian Prime Minister) hooked up with one of the Stones.
Old 07-07-2022, 06:36 PM

Default Tuscany

In my youth I lived outside of Florence, Italy for a year.
I met a friend with a cheap nylon-string and I invested in one too.
We spent hours strolling around the countryside playing, singing and writing.
Very precious memories.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion