The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-26-2016, 04:26 PM

Default Starting a telecaster build

Recently bought a Squier '51 basswood body in honey burst with a string through body bridge. Going to mount a maple Fender lic. neck from one of the manufacturers and a Fender pickguard and electronics.

Still deciding about pickups, so I'd like to hear some options. Since this is going to be my first tele (but not my first build) I want a classic tele sound so I'm thinking that any of the tele take off electronics are what I'll go with.

Might actually be able to find a loaded pickguard, and I'm thinking black with the honey burst would be good looking. Either that or parchment/cream.

I bought this off of Wallapop, and don't know how I can post pics from that app.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:06 AM

My Fender Telecaster is Honey Blonde with a black ply pick guard, maple fingerboard and Bigsby vibrato. I think a black pick guard looks better next to a maple board but it has to be white with a rosewood board.

As for pickups, Fender or Seymour Duncan would be my first choice. (Although I have a Wilkinson bridge pickup in mine).

Pictures when it's done!
Old 01-27-2016, 06:55 AM

Bill Lawrence Keystones are a good choice as are most anything from Chris Klein .
Happy hunting .
Old 01-27-2016, 12:21 PM

Try Rose pickups, I put them in my Squire and they are amazing and very affordable.

http://www.rosepickups.com/apps/webstore/

1933 Gibson L-00
2007 Taylor 110
2013 Taylor GS Mini
2018 Eastman E10M
1977 Sigma DR-9
2012 Republic Miniolian
2016 Recording King ROS-G9M

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars