The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-16-2014, 02:27 PM

Default computer music through guitar amp

I have played an acustic guitar for 35 years, but a receint move to an electric acustic has my head spinning. I think I will need a degree in electronics before I can do anything with it. My new Behringer ACX450 AMP has L/R ports for playing music from my PC. I want to play and sing along with this and mic record the result in windows. I can't figure out how and what cables to use. Someone had suggested connecting to the RCA head phone port on the front of my PC to the L/R CD in ports on the AMP. Is there a cable available with a single male RCA jack that splits to two male RCA jacks that would work for this? I am so confused! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. "TJ"
Old 02-16-2014, 02:43 PM

Yep, they got adapter cords for everything. Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-Cable-CMR.../dp/B000068O3B

Personally, for recording a performance I would run my stereo background tracks into a recording DAW like Garageband, Reaper, ProTools, and send their playback to headphones. Then record guitar as an overdub on a separate track to be mixed with the tracks later. More setup with much better results. If you mic the amp while recording with playback coming out the amp you will create a pretty substantial feedback loop that might get uncomfortable.

Last edited by Cajundaddy; 02-16-2014 at 03:01 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD