The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-02-2001, 07:38 AM

Post Alverez Guitars

Anyone have any experience with Alverez guitars. Played a professional series PD100S yesterday and really liked the feel and sound. The price was $544, new. Actually looking for a beater guitar to play outside, haul around, etc. Would appreciate any comments, good, bad or indifferent.
Old 06-04-2001, 03:49 PM

Hi frayne48,

I've never played a PD100S, but my sister owns an Alvarez that I've played quite a bit (she's owned it about 5 years). I have no idea what model it is, but it's sunburst and feels like a cross between an x12 and x14. Has a much better sound than you would expect out of a sub-$300 guitar, but if she was buying now I would push for the Big Baby for not too much more $. All in all, it seems to be a pretty nice guitar for the money. Hope this helps.
Old 06-04-2001, 04:08 PM

Hi Frayne48,

I have an old Alvarez Artist 12 string that I paid a couple hundred for many years ago. I keep the action high and mostly practice scales on it to keep my chops up.

I teach at a music camp for kids once a year and we stay in old log cabins on the water, conditions are not constant at all, but I am at ease bringing this guitar with me.

Good sound and feel for the money, It does what I need it to do...

Although, I agree with ihs, I'd be buying a big baby if I was looking right now.

Later,
Erm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification