The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-28-2001, 01:37 AM

Post Goodall guitars

I've played a Goodall at a local store twice, and I seem to be in danger of committing another guitar acquisition. I think the model I've played is the Grand Concert Cutaway.
What I'm looking for is a gorgeous fingerstyle sound. I love my 810, and it really does sound pretty good even on fingerstyle stuff.
Anybody have any comments to offer about Goodalls?
Anybody know them well enough -- and the Taylor line well enough -- to suggest what Taylor I should be trying out instead? I've tried most of them already, but I'm open to suggestions.
Old 05-28-2001, 03:21 AM

I'm probably not the person to ask, but I don't think you can go wrong with a Goodall ... tonight I got into playing a bunch of guitars (I think 5, though there might have been another in there ... KLSM, K14c, and 3 Goodalls -- koa/cedar GC, koa/koa Jumbo, and a Macassar Ebony/Adirondack CJ ... I was mostly in a koa mood, but I started out with the Ebony) ... 3 hours of going between them ... sometimes stopping in the middle of a song because I thought the song wanted a different guitar.

Anyway, I love the Goodall full sound, especially for strumming ... but for fingerstyle, I usually grab a Taylor GA or GC ... though not always ... I really like Goodall's CJ as well.

Just play a bunch ... and choose one. Since you already have a Rosewood, maybe you'd like a koa or a walnut ... maybe with an Engelmann top? Hmm ... that's what I should have been playing tonight ... a walnut/Engelmann CJ ... oh well, there's always tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2001, 08:35 AM

Talking

I play all fingerstyle... I have a taylor 512 and a Goodall Koa gcc. I like the Taylor but love the Goodall...
Play em and you will see what I mean.
Baby Taylor
Seagull S6
Godin Multiac Nylon
2002 Lakewood A14
Old 05-28-2001, 11:38 PM

You can't go wrong with a Goodall. I just recently purchased a Goodall EICJC which simply blows all other guitars away in volume, brightness, and feel. Also, play alot of Taylor guitars but ... something about the Goodall makes me pick it up more often.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification