The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-05-2001, 10:38 AM

Post Kareoke machine?

I am planning on plugging my 510ce Taylor into my kareoke machine until I can get a better amp for home use. Do any of you have any experience with your guitars plugged into kareoke machines? Thought it might get me by until another major purchase of a real acoustic amp.
Old 05-16-2001, 12:44 AM

I'll ask this again since I didn't get any replys the first time. How do you guys think my new 510ce will sound plugged into my karaoke machine?(microphone input jack)
Old 05-16-2001, 08:51 AM
Nichols Custom Inlay

Wink

Hi Jim,
I think I would plug my Taylors into the dishwasher before I'd plug them into a Kareoke machine In your post you say it is for home use, so if it were me I'd just wait until I had an amp. I almost never plug in at home I really like the natural sound of the guitars. Achieving that same natural sound on stage has always been the goal. There is a string here on the forum about favorite acoustic amps and there are some good ideas and reviews there.
Have Fun!
Old 05-16-2001, 06:13 PM

Hi CaptBill,

This would be for home use just to get amplified sound. Probably wouldnt take karaoke machine out on gigs to plug into. Just thought it might get me by until I decide to make another major purchase of an amp. Thanks for responding to my post.
Old 05-16-2001, 11:48 PM
Nichols Custom Inlay

Hi Jim,
Although I was trying to be a little funny with my reply I didn't mean to demean your kareoke machine. I do think however that the kareoke machine, if it is anything like some of the ones that I have seen, will do more to lessen the sound of your guitar than to enhance it. I have struggled for many years with on stage sound systems to get as clean and pure acoustic sound as possible. I can probably name more amps that sound bad with acoustic guitar than ones that sound good. The best on-stage sound that I have achieved was by going directly through a very high quality PA set up, which I have now sold. Recently I purchased a Fender Acoustasonic SFX which is very acceptable for small venues, it is extremely clean, and would therefore also be good for home use.
I just think if you plug your Taylor into the Kareoke machine your going to be really dissapointed. Your 510CE is a GREAT guitar but even great guitars sound bad through bad amps.
Keep enjoying that fine guitar and hopefully the amp will come along soon.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification