The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-31-2001, 09:22 AM

Post K-14ce vs. K-12c vs. 414bce

I played a new Taylor K-14ce with an Englemann Spruce top and loved the sound for finger picking. The cost was a little more than I can afford. I have seen a few shops up North have some older K-12C's and 414CE's with Englemann Spruce top and Koa sides and back. Does anyone know how the sound and action would compare on these models. I don't care about electronics. Would these guitars be worth pursuing? Thanks!
Old 05-31-2001, 12:19 PM

Visited one of Houston's musician's planets last night.

Played a K14ce and a 614ce, plus a 514ce and a 312ce. Didn't plug any of them in or fingerpick either, just strumming and a little alternate picking. Thought that the K14 was the best looking, but liked the sound of the 614 better. It seemed a little fuller and mellower, on the high strings, to me. (My wife agreed, by the way)

With the smaller body, a K12 ought to have a more delicate (thinner) sound, but it would also depend on the top material.

Go look at all of them and play all of them. (Don't buy all of them, unless you REALLY have to)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification