The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 09-30-2018, 10:20 PM

I have nail problems and I use fake 'Rico" nails. These are found on the web and step 1 is to measure the width of your fingernails. The thumb will be wide and others smaller. Order the number of Rico nails you want for each width. Fit each one to the appropriate nail and cut with scissors to fit. They are attached to your nail with 'glue dots' which can be found at Walmart in the Hobby section of the store. Watch the video's on the RicoNail web site for details. When finished playing, the Rico nails are easily removed. I use a pointed metal nail file to gently pry the nails off. The glue dot remains on the Rico nail and can be easily removed with the same pointed metal nail file. See the video's.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:28 AM

Have you tried the right vitamin supplement? As i have a cancer which eats bone, I have to take a supplement. Here in Australia it's called Caltrate. I usually play steel string with just my nails and I have never had a breakage or chip
Old 10-02-2018, 10:14 PM

Jack - Thanks for that advice. I currently use Gelatin pills and in the past used Biotin. They are both over the counter here in the US. I stopped the Biotin at my wife's request since she thought it may be affecting my blood work. You may want to try some of the nails that you can attach to your fingers. Can't recall the names of these, but there are several options that I found online.

All the best
Eddie

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical