The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-25-2024, 08:04 AM

Default Epiphone J45 / Slash Version

I am thinking of buying one of the Epiphone J45 Slash guitars . Anyone have any experience with these . I know the music stores can’t stock everything but these guitars kind of interest me . And heck I only live once .
Old 03-25-2024, 11:01 AM

The Slash version has a v neck. If you don't like those stay away - I found it quite comfy. Also be prepared to remove the giant pickguard. It's very thick and certainly impacts how the soundboard resonates.
Old 03-25-2024, 04:55 PM
Charter Member

I couldn’t be happier with mine. I have more expensive guitars yet this one gets played almost daily. I rotate the good ones and this one stays out most of the time as a grab and play unit. Mine is a couple years old now and sounds even better than it did new.
I bought mine to be a campfire/road trip guitar and it has exceeded my expectations.
Old 04-06-2024, 03:10 PM

Ok , I bought an Epiphone Slash J -45 . ..Love it , this thing is an incredible guitar for money . Once again it proves that you can get a great guitar under a thousand dollars . And also get a really fine hard case .
Old 04-06-2024, 06:40 PM
Charter Member

Great to hear it, thanks for the follow-up. I had the same reaction as you, shocking good value. Mine is a couple years old now and just keeps getting better.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion