The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 09-15-2021, 07:33 PM

I had the exact same problem on my minty fresh Player Plus Nashville Telecaster. The sale embargo on the new Fender Player Plus series was lifted yesterday and I picked it up new, in box from GC this morning. When I got it home I tried setting the intonation, but had to take both the low E and the A saddles all the way back, and the intonation was still noting sharp, so I just took it to my luthier and am having him do a complete setup. I should have known that pulling it out of the box, it would need considerable work.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillis View Post
I’m pretty new to electrics and and I just bought a new Fender Player Tele. I decided to adjust the intonation and I had to adjust the low E saddle all the way back for proper intonation. The A saddle is close too. I did replace the 9-42 strings with 10-46 but the neck relief seems good. I plan on experimenting with strings and slightly worry about not being able to get it intonated in the future. Anyway,just curious. If this could be indicative of a larger problem. I could send it back but certainly don’t want too.
well, you don't say if you got it intonated or not. If you did, there will be no future issues.

If you need to get the low "E" string back a tad you can remove the spring and clip it a bit shorter and readjust. Easy peasy.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenT View Post
well, you don't say if you got it intonated or not. If you did, there will be no future issues.

If you need to get the low "E" string back a tad you can remove the spring and clip it a bit shorter and readjust. Easy peasy.
Post #12, "Everything seems in order now."
Old 09-17-2021, 11:13 AM
Charter Member

Just one more thing on intonation. The height adjustment screws also affect the intonation. If you have them cranked to the highest level, and run out of room to adjust the sharpness out of the twelfth fret note… lower the height adjustment screws. This “flattens” the string, allowing more room to adjust out sharpness.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars