The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-29-2021, 07:38 AM

Default Gretsch

I am infatuated, no doubt.
One of my musical hero's is actually an inconic Fender user- but, there is something about the Gretsch that just floats my boat.

I've watched a lot of you tube videos about them and there are a ton of them-

I can't say I have a favorite since each has its own offering-

Look at my signature line- I'm sincere. There is not a lot of regret I have about my life- lived my life the best that I could, not really bad, just not real good- but, the 2 regrets I have are; I'm not a story teller and I didn't really get the guitar bug until March of 2020, even though I've owned guitars since I got my first one for Christmas, the year I turned 13, 6 days before Christmas- 1960- a buddy taught me to strum, Don't Be Angry With Me Darlin, by Stonewall Jackson, sometime in 1961- I've played at playin off and on since then, mostly off-

My most recent acquisition is my second Gretsch since May of this year. The first, I'm hoping to sell today, is a Guitar Center "exclusive" 2657T- this past week I became the proud new owner of a 5420, in Aspen Green- I still want a Rat Rod!

But! wait! there's more! I'm getting this this week- the video is the reason.
Not only do I like and enjoy playin with guitars- I like unique- and I think Gretsch exemplifies that in guitars.

See me signature line for the summary-
Old 08-29-2021, 09:13 AM
Charter Member

I too have bought two Gretsch guitars since May. My first ever electrics. A little research and a lot of pure dumb luck i ended up with guitars i love. First is a Chinese model 5622 semi hollow and second is a MIK 5420T. I think i like them pretty equally. Between the body differences and different pickups they are both keepers.
Larrivee P03 sitka/hog,simple 6 OM & OM 09
Eastman E100ss-sb
Gibson J185 & 2016 J35
Fender player plus telecaster & Mustang P90
Gretsch MIK 5622T
Old 08-29-2021, 11:05 AM
Guitar Gourmet

I think my first modern "thing" for a Gretsch was when I encountered a special edition Electromatic Duo Jet in red sparkle. The back of the thing was silver sparkle and I found it to be delightfully vulgar. Unfortunately for Gretsch, something else called my name at the time.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 08-31-2021, 02:53 PM

Default Silver Sparkle Jet

Tried to post a picture then remembered that I can't.

Last edited by DBW; 08-31-2021 at 03:01 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars