The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-10-2017, 05:20 AM

Default Pokemon theme song (I know I know,

Here I am with new video. I am aware it's not everyone's cup of tea this song but in my childhood I was crazy about that cartoon so always loved playing it. I wanted to post it here for another reason.

How do you guys rate this sound of guitar compared to my previous you heard? I just put noise reduction a bit to reduce background noise (less than usual), I put reverb preset "acoustic guitar" that kind of reduced the lower end of guitar so it's not that bass heavy and I put reverb as you said on forum, turned it up until I hear then reduce until I don't hear but the sound with it is just better, as far as my headphones go I don't hear much reverb but the sound sounds more present, it can be a lot better but I like the progress from previous video compared to this one for now,

what do you say? Hit me up with critics, anything, I didn't come to this forum to brag but to hear what can be done better, it's the only way I can get better And of course I hope that at least some of you enjoy the song too

Old 09-10-2017, 09:01 AM
Charter Member

Hi Marko,

Well done! I liked the little stuffed creature sitting on your guitar! Your playing was excellent!

The sound was very good, though in my opinion, the reverb could have been turned up a little more. There is nothing wrong with hearing a little reverb, again, in my opinion.

Very nice job!

- Glenn
Old 09-10-2017, 10:44 AM

Can't critiscise Pikachu!

Good job from a fellow fan.

Cheers,
Steve
Old 09-10-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Hi Marko,

Well done! I liked the little stuffed creature sitting on your guitar! Your playing was excellent!

The sound was very good, though in my opinion, the reverb could have been turned up a little more. There is nothing wrong with hearing a little reverb, again, in my opinion.

Very nice job!

- Glenn
Thank you!

I agree there is nothing wrong with a little more reverb but since I just started learning how to mix the sound, I think it's better to stay on the safe side as everyone suggested me and to not overdo anything. Even here on forum people advised me to just keep it simple, learn the basics very good then expand and experiment when you know what you're doing!

@steveh Glad to meet another fan. I'm glad you liked it
Old 09-10-2017, 06:18 PM

My Pokémon fan teenager very much approved this video.
1976 Ovation 1613-4 nylon--spruce top
1963 Guild Mark II nylon--spruce top
Old 09-11-2017, 08:18 AM
Charter Member

Good job. Not sure about the stuffed animal though. Regarding reverb, many use too much, so I am fine with your recording.

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 09-11-2017, 02:48 PM

Thank you very much for nice comments so far Well stuffed animal (wannabe pikachu) is the little carry-on bag that has a lot of personal meanings for me so I threw it up there to "spice up" the video and make it even more colorful, video is Pokemon, cartoon , so
Old 09-11-2017, 04:20 PM

Great job man, great technique, very enjoyable !

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Tags
fingerstyle guitar, guitar