The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 07-11-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phavriluk View Post
If OP is asking what's CA, then there is ZERO good going to come from him trying to use it.

I encourage the conservative, no-more-damage path: Take the guitar to a luthier and pay for the repair; it will likely be done with the least invasion of the rest of the guitar.

Under no circumstances should anyone start 'fixing' that hole without thoroughly masking off the surrounding area so as to not make things worse, which is very easy to do, and if CA is involved, all but certain.
At this point in my life this is typically how I lean. It is good to have someone experienced to a job.

However I do have a little bit of experience with adhesives. I've re-foamed maybe 100 speaker drivers and done some tweeter repair. I realize that's not the same as woodworking but I would at least like to understand what goes into this repair.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:23 PM

Default CA

Cyanoacrilate Ester. Ever seen the Disney cartoon, 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice'?
CA has that sort of effect on anything it's near. Stuff's got no surface tension, goes everywhere, under everything. And makes a (literally!) cast-iron mess along the way.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair