The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 04-17-2012, 09:19 AM

Default Anyone could make a design on my guitar?

I'm gonna get my Larrivee OM-03 soon hopefully,& i was wondering if there were any companies/studios or just anyone that could design something on my guitar. Guitar art if you will. Anyone know about the prices generally?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:35 AM

Inlay? Graffiti? Scrimshaw? Wood burning?

I should be playing...

======
Old 04-17-2012, 10:29 AM

Either or,i just want some sort of design on my guitar. I guess whichever is the least expensive
Old 04-17-2012, 01:03 PM

Based on your previous thread on choosing a guitar, I would recommend finding a nearby art school and a sharpie. Or just leave it alone. Inlays are expensive. Scrimshaw is too. Wood burning a guitar freaks me out. That leaves sharpie graffiti. Or you could leave it alone. I like bare bones guitars.

Check out fretboard stickers, too

I should be playing...

======
Old 04-17-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberlineGuy View Post
Based on your previous thread on choosing a guitar, I would recommend finding a nearby art school and a sharpie. Or just leave it alone. Inlays are expensive. Scrimshaw is too. Wood burning a guitar freaks me out. That leaves sharpie graffiti. Or you could leave it alone. I like bare bones guitars.

Check out fretboard stickers, too
do you know anyone that does work like creestudios.com ?

his work is amazing but he told me it costs $1000 for the most basic design,soooo
Old 04-17-2012, 02:16 PM

Here is an example of a $7000 guitar...with $63,000 of inlay work. I've seen it in person it is a work of art and it sounds like a $7000 guitar.

http://breedlovemusic.com/instrument...reserve-guitar
Old 04-17-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Inlay? Graffiti? Scrimshaw? Wood burning?

One affordable thing may be some fancy tuning buttons...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guitar-tuner...ht_3139wt_1165

or maybe an inlayed truss rod cover.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories
Old 04-17-2012, 02:39 PM

Idc about the inlays lol,i just want a design on the top & maybe the back also if it's affordable. creestudios is the only guy i know that actually improve the tone of the guitar w/ the design. seems like everyone else kills the guitar cuz they use paint
Old 04-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Humanist

A) If you think anything done cosmetically to a guitar in this regard will "improve the tone" then you need a bit of a reality-check.

2) Be aware that you get what you pay for, in regards to the guitar you are purchasing, as well as any additional "art" that you may decide to add to a guitar.

3) Please consider using complete sentences (and complete thoughts), along with punctuation, which will help others understand the actual intent of your questions.
100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner
Old 04-17-2012, 03:09 PM

A long time ago there was a member here who did some wood burning in his guitar...not that I would do that myself, but I have to say it looked really nice.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Pattis View Post
A) If you think anything done cosmetically to a guitar in this regard will "improve the tone" then you need a bit of a reality-check.

2) Be aware that you get what you pay for, in regards to the guitar you are purchasing, as well as any additional "art" that you may decide to add to a guitar.

3) Please consider using complete sentences (and complete thoughts), along with punctuation, which will help others understand the actual intent of your questions.
I was joking lol,i just meant that it was that good of a job
Old 04-17-2012, 05:38 PM

Try fretboard stickers. They're removable and inexpensive. I think it will give you the "bling bling" without the "cha ching". Or play in the dark.

I should be playing...

======
Old 04-17-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Try fretboard stickers. They're removable and inexpensive. I think it will give you the "bling bling" without the "cha ching". Or play in the dark.
Maybe,do you know of anyone that does top designs? Cuz that's really all i care about. Just the body pretty much.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:59 PM

As I mentioned earlier, your best bet is finding a local art school and pay a poor college kid to color on your guitar. Tell them what they shouldn't color and what they should and let them go at it. However, this will obviously kill the resale value of any instrument. That's why I recommend removable stickers. This is a niche product that many people don't want. You will have trouble finding a guy that focuses solely on painting guitars for players. They might use the guitar as a visual canvas to hang the final product on the wall, but rarely as a players guitar.

You're being quite unclear about your goals with this guitar. Think this out carefully. Doing this to your guitar is like putting a tattoo on yourself. You're stuck with it. 1)because you can't get it off. And 2) no body will want to buy it after its been defaced.

I should be playing...

======
Old 04-17-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
As I mentioned earlier, your best bet is finding a local art school and pay a poor college kid to color on your guitar. Tell them what they shouldn't color and what they should and let them go at it. However, this will obviously kill the resale value of any instrument. That's why I recommend removable stickers. This is a niche product that many people don't want. You will have trouble finding a guy that focuses solely on painting guitars for players. They might use the guitar as a visual canvas to hang the final product on the wall, but rarely as a players guitar.

You're being quite unclear about your goals with this guitar. Think this out carefully. Doing this to your guitar is like putting a tattoo on yourself. You're stuck with it. 1)because you can't get it off. And 2) no body will want to buy it after its been defaced.
I'm well aware of that,thanks for the advice though. I mean I've wanted a design on my guitar for quite some time now.

I plan on keeping this guitar too,i'm not gonna sell it. It being aesthetically pleasing is no falter considering it's for mine & other's viewing pleasure.

creestudios looks like the place to get it at.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop