The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 04-08-2018, 09:50 AM
Charter Member

Default Reaper for Video Editing?

At our gig yesterday we had someone take a few clips of our performance of different songs, and the audio was pretty good. I've got them on my computer now and would like to edit them into a montage of clips we can use for promotion.

I have a demo version of Reaper but have not found it very easy to get myself up to speed with it for audio recording and have used Audacity instead. However, I've also read that Reaper can be used for video editing(?)

If this is the case, has anyone used it and is it a good way to go, or do you suggest something else? Thanks.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymuso View Post
At our gig yesterday we had someone take a few clips of our performance of different songs, and the audio was pretty good. I've got them on my computer now and would like to edit them into a montage of clips we can use for promotion.

I have a demo version of Reaper but have not found it very easy to get myself up to speed with it for audio recording and have used Audacity instead. However, I've also read that Reaper can be used for video editing(?)

If this is the case, has anyone used it and is it a good way to go, or do you suggest something else? Thanks.
I have not tried video in Reaper BUT reaper 5 is said to have some good basic video editing features .... in any case

A bit more info would be helpful

First Mac Windows computer ?

Second you are saying you have some video clips and you are talking about the audio on those video clips as being (pretty good) yes? And you are going to use the audio that is on the video file

If that is case then you do not have to do any sync techniques. So here is a great tutorial on video in reaper (he is using a different audio track and has to sync it ) but you can simply not do the " ignore audio" he does and not do the other sync moves he does
But the cuts etc on the video track will still apply. He gets into a lot of detail but shows you the video edit features

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 04-08-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymuso View Post

When I first used Reaper it was a bit overwhelming. I had a CD project to do for a 4 piece acoustic band so I "bit the bullet" and forced myself to use Reaper exclusively. It worked out fine and I felt much better about my abilities with Reaper afterward.

I've done a few videos with it, a few using the camera audio and a few using separately recorded audio synced with the video. It's doable, but you'll need to work with it a bit. The basic editing is easy, it's a bit harder to do title and credit pages, but it's all there if you dig a bit.

Do view Fran Guidry's overview of using Reaper at his Homebrewedmusic.com website.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:52 PM
Charter Member

Thanks guys.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD