The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-03-2019, 09:15 AM

Default Saw Buckethead Last Night

Cripes that guy is good. I remember in the 90's hearing about this strange character that wore a KFC bucket on his head. Later I learned that one of his influences was a cat named Shawn Lane who I was into at the time. So I knew I had to see him play. Finally got the chance. I'll tell ya if this guy comes to your town don't miss out. He's not just a stunt guitarist he flows between every style from funk, blues, psychedelic, trance, thrash, metal, and just some whacked out spacey stuff.

For you gear heads here's his rig. There was another petal on top of his amp which I thing was a noise gate and then possibly another digital box but I could not tell what it was. I have no idea how he made the sounds he made with this rig. On the floor looks like a Digi Whammy, Line 6 modulation, I think that went into a Boss Delay and a DOD Bass Synth filter. And then interestingly at the end of the line a regular old Crybaby Wah which he put to good use.

He ran that into two EVH 5150 amps and the two speaker cabs in the pic. All that coming from his white signature Les Paul.

Fun stuff.

Old 04-03-2019, 12:21 PM

Buckethead is an amazing player. I saw him last year in Covington, KY. A lot of people are only familiar with his shred on the electric, but he has a lot of really nice acoustic songs as well. The number of albums he has released is staggering.
Ovation CS257 Celebrity Deluxe
Epiphone PR-350
Kramer 450G
Gretsch G2622
Old 04-04-2019, 01:58 PM

I know right? He's probably released an album since I first posted this
Old 04-04-2019, 02:18 PM

Definitely one of the odder rock 'costumes' out there. I've heard about him for years but never gave him a listen before.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars