The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-10-2019, 08:50 PM

Default Anyone live in between Denver and Las Vegas?

My wife and I are possibly heading from Chicago to an Evangelical conference in San Diego next weekend/week. We'll be leaving Denver Monday 11/18 headed towards Las Vegas, hoping to stop somewhere in between. Is there anyone here who would be willing to put us up for a night? We're looking at couchsurfing.com, but i figured i'd ask here as well.

If it's any added bonus, i'll have my new J-45 with me

Not looking for any meals or anything, just a bed to sleep in. Also, sorry, we know beggars can't be choosers, but it would need to be non-smoking.

Thanks ahead of time either way!!!!!

Mr.Woody
Old 11-10-2019, 09:22 PM

You sound young and adventurous. Reminds me of my youngest son but he usually settled for Greyhound. I'm nowhere near your route but best wishes and be careful out there.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guildman View Post
You sound young and adventurous. Reminds me of my youngest son but he usually settled for Greyhound. I'm nowhere near your route but best wishes and be careful out there.
LOL, thanks for that. I suppose young is relative. I'm 37 and my wife is 39. We don't have any kids but we don't travel all that much. We both recently lost our jobs, so we're at a transitional point. Hoping to meet some people at this conference that will help with her transition into a PhD program. I'm mainly just along for the ride. I'm currently a full-time student going back to school for a Bachelor's in Music, but it's mostly online, so i can take it with me!!!!
Old 11-10-2019, 09:57 PM
Charter Member

Well, I am in North County San Diego and have a spare guest room...if you want it let me know.
Guild 12 String
Mark V Classical
Martin Dreadnaught
Weber Mandolin
Old 11-10-2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress Knee View Post
Well, I am in North County San Diego and have a spare guest room...if you want it let me know.
Oh, Wow, thanks for the offer!! Where are you located and do you happen to know how long of a drive it is to the Manchester Grand in the downtown section?

My wife's uncle lives in Poway, but we don't know just yet if it's a possibility to stay there.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:33 PM
Charter Member

That is downtown, from here about 42 miles and is anywhere from 50 minutes to an hour and a half depending on traffic. From Poway it is about 25 miles and again the commute is based on traffic volume, accidents, etc.

Regards,

CK
Guild 12 String
Mark V Classical
Martin Dreadnaught
Weber Mandolin
Old 11-15-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress Knee View Post
That is downtown, from here about 42 miles and is anywhere from 50 minutes to an hour and a half depending on traffic. From Poway it is about 25 miles and again the commute is based on traffic volume, accidents, etc.

Regards,

CK
Thanks again for the offer. We finally made the decision not to go to the conference. Probably best for this year anyways. But, again, i really appreciate the offer!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic