The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-10-2007, 09:40 PM

Default Guild electric guitars

Hey everyone!

I'd like to have more information about Guild electric Guitars. I don't see any information about them on the Guild website. I figure they make only acoustics now???

I noticed there are some electrics for sale, and some of them pretty recent (2002-2003) so my guess is that they were discontinued pretty recentely?

Also, i know the older ones were made in USA, is it still the same for the recent ones, and is the quality overall equivalent (older VS newer)

Thanks to anyone who can educate me!

Regards
Phil
Old 07-11-2007, 04:32 AM

Hey Phil, browse through LTG, loads of info plus Hans Moust is a regular contributor.

'87 Guild GF-60
'01 Guild F-47CE
'02 Guild F-47RCE
Old 07-11-2007, 07:38 AM

when fender bought guild they did, in fact, reduce the total production of some lines of guild guitars to avoid competing with themselves but, they have maintained most of the most popular lines..nice guitars, too!
Old 07-11-2007, 05:17 PM

Thanks guys.

Graham, thanlks for the links! Good info there.

Barrett, thanks for this information. Makes good sense. And yes, very nice guitars. I diddn't care (or rather notice) their electric line really until recentely, i saw an artist perform with one and was amazed by the sound. I think it was a Starfire IV, which i now seriously consider.

It's just weird however there is only the acoustic line on the website. No information or price list on the electrics...

Any idea what would be a fair price for a Starfire IV in mint condition?

Also, are the most recent ones made in USA and equivalent to the older ones quality wise?

Kind regards

Phil
Old 07-11-2007, 05:46 PM

I think they stopped making them around 2002 - 03. There is no production of them at the moment, that's why there is no info on the Guild site. We do here through some grape vines that there will be an announcement this year of a return of some sort of electric carrying the Guild name. Don't know what it will be though, with Fender owning Gretsch as well.

As for prices, there are 4 here on Gbase and a very nice burst one here on eBay.

Seem to be around the $1300 range and up.

'87 Guild GF-60
'01 Guild F-47CE
'02 Guild F-47RCE
Old 07-14-2007, 04:55 AM

Check out the website http://www.guildsofgrot.com There is an interesting collection of Guild electric and acoustic guitars at this site.

I have two Guild electrics- a solid body and a semi-hollow body. Both are outstanding instruments that I will never let go. The pickups on the S-100 are unbelievable!

I see a lot of musicians nowdays playing Guild bass guitars.

Rumor has it Guild will return to making electric guitars very soon.
1973 Guild S-100, 2 Humbuckers
1967 Guild D-40, Original factory acoustic electric. The volume and tone controls are on the soundboard. Has Guild mag pickup at base of neck.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:06 AM

Thanks for the link, Firebird.

At this time i'm looking for this one:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...DME:L:RTQ:CA:1

It's a 2003, but new (never sold). The guitar is flawless with a great action as per the seller. But i'm always kind of suspicious why a new guitar never sells, even after a few years in the showroom... plus i hate to buy without trying. Still, the price seems to be fair and the guitar is beautiful...

Thoughts?
Phil

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification