The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-16-2018, 01:34 PM

Default Bose Soundlink Color as vocal monitor?

Has anyone tried using a Bose Soundlink Color as a (low volume) vocal monitor, and if so did it work OK?

My wife and I are doing the music at a very small church and she's having a little trouble hearing herself sing even though she's plenty loud in the room. My acoustic guitar is the only instrument. I'm wondering if we could use a Rolls PM50 and plug the speaker in instead of IEM. Since the Bose accepts a headphone level signal at the Aux In jack it seems that this would work.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkbryan View Post
Has anyone tried using a Bose Soundlink Color as a (low volume) vocal monitor, and if so did it work OK?

My wife and I are doing the music at a very small church and she's having a little trouble hearing herself sing even though she's plenty loud in the room. My acoustic guitar is the only instrument. I'm wondering if we could use a Rolls PM50 and plug the speaker in instead of IEM. Since the Bose accepts a headphone level signal at the Aux In jack it seems that this would work.
The latest Bose Revolve+ has too much latency in the AUX input for live music. It might work but you will need to try and be prepared to return it.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 10-17-2018, 07:16 AM

The TC Helicon FX150 is designed for exactly what you are trying to do. You could probably find a good deal on a used one:

https://www.tc-helicon.com/Categorie...ogtrans(en|en)
Old 10-18-2018, 06:14 AM

I've looked at the fx150 and similar units but budget-wise they're not really an option right now. I already have the Bose and am also looking at the Behringer HA400.

We need such a small amount of volume that I'm really hoping we can do this in expensively and with a minimal footprint.

I think this Sunday I'm just going to run a line from the Monitor Out of the powered mixer straight to the Bose and see what happens. If it seems to work we'll probably go ahead and get either the Rolls or the Behringer unit so we'll have a bit more control.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:16 AM

The simplest way for a singer to hear himself/herself without a good monitor is to use a single earplug in one ear.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification