The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 10-20-2018, 11:12 AM
Charter Member

Wow, hard to believe these are still available. If I didn't already own 3 Claxtons....
Old 10-20-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
Wow, hard to believe these are still available. If I didn't already own 3 Claxtons....
I know, right? What has surprised me most is there haven’t even been any cash offers. Is the market that soft?

Petros, Paragon, National, Martin, Rainsong, and Santa Cruz

Last edited by Thin Crust; 10-21-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Crust View Post
I know, right? What has surprised me most is there haven’t even been offers. Is the market that soft?
Possibly. I also think Ed's a little under most people's radar. He's just quietly building the best guitars out there, but not that many people have experienced them to know that.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:18 PM
Charter Member

I agree that these are some on the best guitars out on the market today.

Thin Crust, as far as your sale is concerned, maybe the nut width is holding some back? I think that the 1 3/4 nut width is most sought after for fingerstyle but again that depends on the player.
Maple Beneteau for sale
Old 10-20-2018, 04:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny B View Post

Thin Crust, as far as your sale is concerned, maybe the nut width is holding some back? I think that the 1 3/4 nut width is most sought after for fingerstyle but again that depends on the player.
Note that Ed's 1 13/16 is usually a bit shy of that, more like 1 25/32, virtually indistinguishable from 1 3/4. I haven't played these specific guitars, so this may not be true in this case, but I doubt anyone would notice if they weren't told the measurements. Personally, I periodically think about selling all my 1 3/4 guitars and buying only 1 13/16! It's just that extra smidgen of room that makes a big difference in how clean you can play. (My Malabar is 1 7/8, which I love, too)
Old 10-20-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny B View Post

Doug said it quite well. Those who have played these guitars don’t question the nut width. Like Doug said, it’s just that extra smidge. These guitars, especially the Maple Malabar, are the finest I’ve ever owned. They’re just not intended for life in the desert and deserve to be played outside my little music room. If I were downsizing somewhere less harsh, these would be the last two remaining. As it is, those two remaining are a Lowden and a Petros. Both stellar guitars, and both somewhat less sensitive for gigs in 10% humidity. I have always had a humidity controlled music room, but that Petros has gone from Little Rock, to the beachfront condo, and now to the desert. And it’s never moved from the day I first opened the case. It’s not a heavily built guitar at all. There just seems to be a certain stability created within Bruce’s designs.

Petros, Paragon, National, Martin, Rainsong, and Santa Cruz

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars