The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-05-2019, 10:11 PM

The VA provided hearing aids for me the first part of this year. My audiologist told me not to use them when I play amplified gigs. I’ll be playing one tomorrow night (a single) and with an electric band later this month. I’ve played dozens of gigs so far this year- never ever even bring the hearing aids. I get by fine. I can’t stand playing even at home with them. -Even makes my OM42 sound tinny. Forget the Rainsong!
Old 09-06-2019, 05:59 AM

I have had my Phonaks for about 8 months. Prior to that when I’d change strings I didn’t notice that big of a difference. Now the change is huge. Lost hearing in higher frequencies so trebles are much brighter. Mine, too, have a “music” mode but I can’t tell any difference between that and the “auto sense” mode which changes automatically. Maybe it instantly changes over to the music mode on the first note, I don’t know.

Anyway, I really like mine and I wear them all the time I play. Without them, it sort of sounds like I have cotton in my ears. Just not as clear and bright.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:33 AM

My Oticons have a music program and three others, but listening to my music library on them is a big disappointment. No fullness or bass. The Bluetooth TV stuff is the best part of the whole thing. My Gibson Custom Shop ‘59 Reissue ES-175 through my Kendrick K-Spot is pure heaven- with No hearing aids!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion