The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-23-2020, 04:20 AM

Default Popping sound

I have a Ditto x 2 looper and a Trio+ which i run into two amps via a E/Harmonix a/b box, every time i clear a loop on the Ditto and the Trio+ there's a loud pop, although it's a lot louder from the Ditto, and when i record a loop, it starts with a pop! Is it doing my amp's any harm, they work fine when a loop's recorded and playing, and sound fine when just playing through all the pedals.

Anyone here got any idea why this is happening? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 05-24-2020, 04:14 AM
AGF Sponsor

I wish I had an explanation but that is one of the reasons I sold my Ditto looper. That, and the fact that it always played a second or so of a loop when I was erasing it. Not a big deal when practicing at home but annoying and unprofessional sounding in performance. It will be interesting to see if anyone has an explanation for the popping sound.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capefisherman View Post
I wish I had an explanation but that is one of the reasons I sold my Ditto looper. That, and the fact that it always played a second or so of a loop when I was erasing it. Not a big deal when practicing at home but annoying and unprofessional sounding in performance. It will be interesting to see if anyone has an explanation for the popping sound.
Yeah interestingly i tried another looper a Digitech and the popping sound still happened, so i'm not sure it's the looper, i also tried a different a/b box and guess what, the popping was still there again! So i'm at a loss to know what to do. But thanks for your reply.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification