The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-20-2016, 08:55 AM

Default Emerald X7 Artisan 12 string with woody face MINT

Very sad to say I am letting go of my Custom made Emerald X7 Artisan Woody with Sapele veneer top and headstock. I worked with Alistair at Emerald Guitars to create this beauty and have been very satisfied with it. See my ad under guitars for sale in this forum for pics and more info. But posting here because this is a collectors beauty. If you know anyone who may be interested, please pass the word. I want this to go to a very good home. She is in mint condition.
I am going to have Alistair build me a full size 12 string very similar to this one. And so the sadness of letting this one go is not quite so bad as it might be. Hope this post is not taking advantage of this forum category. That is not my intent. Just sharing my heart here. On this forum there is very strong support for Emerald Guitars for good reason. I hope this one goes to someone who really is aching for a great very unique 12 string CF.

Here is the ad in this forum for the sale:
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=430360

Last edited by hotroad; 06-02-2016 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:29 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroad View Post
Very sad to say I am letting go of my Custom made Emerald x7 Artisan Woody with Sapele veneer top and headstock. I worked with Alistair at Emerald Guitars to create this beauty and have been very satisfied with it. See my ad under guitars for sale in this forum for pics and more info. But posting here because this is a collectors beauty. If you know anyone who may be interested, please pass the word. I want this to go to a very good home. She is in mint condition.
I am going to have Alistair build me a full size 12 string very similar to this one. And so the sadness of letting this one go is not quite so bad as it might be. Hope this post is not taking advantage of this forum category. That is not my intent. Just sharing my heart here.
Add a link to the sale in this thread. Also, add the sale to your account signature block for more exposure in all your posts. You can do it under 'User CP' link top left of page.

Too bad you're letting the guitar go, but as you say, it'll be replace with one likely much better.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:20 AM

I am happy about a new carbon fiber from Emerald but letting this one go is tough. She gets rave reviews from the folks who have had the privilege of seeing her and listening to her sing.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo
Old 05-20-2016, 08:12 PM

Bumping to the top for a truly one of a kind 12 string carbon fiber. Please check out the photos. If you want more, just ask me via this forum.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson SJ-200
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo
Old 05-24-2016, 09:47 PM

Another bump for some good vibes on this great guitar. I know someone reading postings in this category will fall in love with this Emerald.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson SJ-200
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo
Old 05-27-2016, 05:15 AM

It is always sad when one has to let go of a guitar, especially one as nice as this, but we look forward to working with hotroad again in the future.

Here is some further information from us, to assist, if you are interested in his X7-12 Woody. hotroad was looking for a compact 12-string to use for his gigs on cruise ships. He wanted it to be compact for travel, yet still have a full sound and strong visual impact to catch the attention of his audience.

After discussion we settled on a highly-figured Sapele veneer for the face which has a beautiful deep golden quilt. For the body size we chose the X7 and modified the neck and headstock to create the 12-string. To amplify it we went with an LR Baggs Lyric which offers great versatility and a rich natural sound. We have made a few X7 12-strings now and we find the short scale makes it very playable while the small body keeps it punchy.

Best wishes, Sean @ Emerald Guitars

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber