The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-11-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Anyone Played Composite Acoustic GX Player RT?

Im just wondering if anyone here might played the GX RT model of CA Player Series. I like to have a guitar that humidity proof to enjoy on these long deployment.

The thing im looking for is:

How does it sound?
The setup, action?
Opinion?

Thank in advance.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:35 AM

Played one action was awesome, sound was great....
Then I picked up a GX Performer that was next to it, and all of a sudden the GX Playr RT as "average" sounding, and the GX Performer was astounding!
I would have been content with the sound of the RT if I hadn't picked up the Performer...
But bottom line, it is a good guitar that will handle the elements better than a wooden guitar....
Good Luck!!!

BTW, the finish was indeed very strong looking/feeling

A string here, a string there...
Old 12-12-2007, 02:52 AM

thank kaimana for answering my question. Anyone else?

I wonder if it worth the purchase and holding off on spending so much more on a Performer. Maybe save it for an upgrade in the future.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:29 AM

The other option is to try to pick of the performer up used. The only problem with that is that I will be competing with you.
Steve
Old 12-12-2007, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwin View Post
thank kaimana for answering my question. Anyone else?

I wonder if it worth the purchase and holding off on spending so much more on a Performer. Maybe save it for an upgrade in the future.
No problem, here is a thought. Maybe you can look into a place like Buffalo Brothers(I think they are one of them at least) that have a 100% trade up policy. If so, you can get the Player RT now, keep it in good shape(Hard NOT to do given it's build quality), then if not totally satisfied, once you saved up the difference, then trade up for the performer...

A string here, a string there...
Old 12-12-2007, 01:50 PM

Do a search on "Composite Acoustics" on this forum and you will find a lot of information and opinions by players. I just had a thread going earlier this week where Stoney did a fret by fret check of the intonation with a tuner on his CA for me.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:14 PM

thank everyone. I did a search before, most of them are for GX Performer. Im really leaning at a GX Player at the moment due to the cost. I wish they have the new cheaper model Ellis said they were releasing this fall.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimana450k View Post
No problem, here is a thought. Maybe you can look into a place like Buffalo Brothers(I think they are one of them at least) that have a 100% trade up policy. If so, you can get the Player RT now, keep it in good shape(Hard NOT to do given it's build quality), then if not totally satisfied, once you saved up the difference, then trade up for the performer...
They did not carry any CA guitar . I will keep looking, thank for the advice.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber