The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-15-2008, 07:31 AM

Default Steve Miller Band: Live In Chicago tonight on PBS

check your local PBS stations schedule.............

Thursday, May 15

Quote:
Steve Miller Band is a name synonymous with Classic Rock. Not "classic" in the traditional sense, but "Classic" with a capital C -meaning they make music that is timeless and inspirational and that just plain rocks, and this concert - shot over two nights in July 2007 at Chicago's Ravinia Theatre - highlights just that. With almost 40 years of history and hits behind them, Steve Miller Band has churned out some of the greatest and most memorable anthems of their generation. Songs like "Fly Like An Eagle," "Rockin' Me" and "Take The Money And Run" still sounds fresh today and continues to turn young fans on to the magic of the band's sound. With over 30 million albums sold, numerous #1 hits that are still ubiquitous on classic rock radio stations, and annual nationwide sold-out headlining tours, Steve Miller Band is as vital today as ever.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:58 AM

Cool - thanks! I'll be cranking up my guitar and trying to play along.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:03 PM

I think I was at that show!! Unless I saw them there in '06?? I can't remember...

Anyway, I was so underwhelmed at the show... I've always loved the band, but their show was so scripted and cheesy that it was tough to enjoy.

Maybe it'll translate a little better on PBS... I'll try to check it out... but don't get your hopes up
Bose PAS - Single Bass Unit
http://www.myspace.com/donbecker
Old 05-15-2008, 03:13 PM

Nothing showed up on my search of Los Angeles PBS stations. Darn.

Matt Merritt

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell