The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 03-09-2012, 09:33 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default A wonderful buying experience!

Don't know if I'm breaking any rules here but I just wanted to give a shout-out to Hilo Guitars and Ukuleles. I recently completed the purchase of two ukes, both Kanileas, a K1 deluxe Concert and a K1 deluxe Tenor. I admit to being nervous about buying these (in spite of the company's great reputation for making spectacular, hand-made ukes from Hawaii) without playing them but after Ken the owner and Brian, who works in the store were WONDERFUL to deal with, plenty of prompt communication and advice, and they assured me they would pick out a couple special instruments. All I can say is - I think they did! The set-up is perfect on both and they are a joy to play and hear. Can't put 'em down! The prices were very good too. With posts about bad dealer experiences seeming to be an every day thing recently on some forums I just wanted to say something positive about buying from a smaller, locally owned store and that anyone considering the purchase of a premium quality uke should take a look at what Ken has to offer. Now back to conquering the E Major chord..... ;~)
Gene
Cape Cod Acoustics
Old 03-22-2012, 09:27 PM

These stories are always nice to hear. Thanks for sharing.
IG
2014 Shippey Oval Hole Mandolin
2016 Martin HD28.
Schertler Jam 150 amp.
Neumann TLM 102 mic.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments