The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 02-15-2012, 04:24 PM

Charles: Yes I get the contrast...!!! I even use the caliper instead of a line on the side of the saddle. Twice what you need at the 12th from the present size measured with calipers. No line. I do think there is a smaller tolerance for error on the thickness,and I do just check the fit by hand but getting close is easier for me to measure. Not going in and too loose are in close proximity.Old habits are hard to break. Since I have you here I must say I enjoy your data that you post for everyone. Take care.
Tom
Old 02-15-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom West View Post
Old habits are hard to break.
No need to break them if they work and you're comfortable with them. In truth, I do the same thing, but use a digital vernier. Maybe I should switch to a micrometer.

Quote:
Since I have you here I must say I enjoy your data that you post for everyone.
Thanks, Tom, for the kind words.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:44 PM

I use calipers or the micrometer in order to make sure when I'm sanding for thickness that I'm not sanding one end more than the other. That's super easy to do. As for the line I draw on top, the wider the better because you don't go all the way to the line anyway.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair