The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 02-05-2024, 12:33 PM
Charter Member

Default Congratulations Molly - Grammy 2024

Second year running!

Old 02-05-2024, 03:49 PM

Oh good, she did get one? I read the Grammy reporting of my usual Dutch news aggregator and while they made a big story about the 2024 event being yet again an all-female affair and how great that was (plus about a rapper getting arrested), there was no word about Molly.

BTW, despite having seens the photos Molly put on her social media before the event, the first photos in that reporting put me on the wrong foot and it wasn't until the word Grammies got through to me that I realised I was looking at musicians, not movie stars...

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)
Old 02-06-2024, 12:34 PM
Charter Member

Glad she won! I was disappointed to not see her receive the award after wading through the coverage in it's entirety... sorry I missed Larkin Poe receive theirs.

The whole show reminded me of the Oscars, in that everyone was dressed to the Nines and seemed self-conscious and a bit stiff with the affair... I was heartened to see Taylor Swift (who I know next to nothing about!) having a great time - she was the least stuffy and constrained of all the folks I saw out in the audience... good for her! She should enjoy this stuff and have fun with it all!

I really enjoyed Luke Coombs and Tracy Chapman doing "Fast Car"... good for him, to do so much to honor her... and Joni's reading of "Both Sides Now" was quite poignant for me (and for a lot of other folks, too, it seemed).
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 02-06-2024, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseth View Post
The whole show reminded me of the Oscars, in that everyone was dressed to the Nines and seemed self-conscious and a bit stiff with the affair...
Oh, so I'm not the only one who had that association, and felt that many looked dressed up awkwardly over the top (aka "stiff")!

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)
Old 02-06-2024, 02:54 PM
Charter Member

She's certainly deserving IMHO. Such a talent...

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 02-06-2024, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llew View Post
She's certainly deserving IMHO. Such a talent...
Yes. It's a very impressive album. Of course all the musicians are top notch but on top of that is the compositions, arrangements, and lyrics, which are outta sight.

My favorite cut is Stranger Things. I'm not sure what it's about. I think it might be about watching TV.

Old 02-09-2024, 04:05 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations, Molly! You and Billy and other super-pickers are influencing acoustic music and expanding it to other listeners who may not have paid attention!
Adamas I 2087GT-8
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN