The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-05-2020, 06:24 AM
Charter Member

Of course, need to play and give it a good going over, but if its in good, playable condition, I'd say $900 is a good deal for a J45. In fact, you could even absorb up to around $500 in repairs and still be hitting a reasonable mark.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:43 AM

I went and played it for about a half hour and gave it a good once over. It still had a layer of thick dust on the headstock and front of the sides it from hanging there for a while. It played fairly well and will play better with new strings but it seemed fine. Frets are fine. The pickguard was removed, there is the outline of that still and several marks down to the wood in one spot from it being removed. It does not appear that a pro took it off so a new guard will have to go back. There are no bulges on the back or behind the bridge although there is very slight "up" appearance of the top behind the bridge. There is a one inch by half inch chunk gone on the top through the wood where your arm rests. The back had a 4 x 4 inch sticker on it, I"m sure the residue will come off but not sure what it will still leave behind. There was also a sticker on the head stock at one time. neck joint is still very tight to the body does not appear a neck reset is in order .... No cracks, no rattles. . Lots and lots of pick marks, small scrapes etc. They won't budge on the price it appears but I did not ask, did not try to appear interested but I'm pretty sure I'm going to pass on it.
2016 Martin D-41
78 Les Paul Custom
92 Les Paul Standard
82 JV 62 Strat
93 Strat
98 Strat w 1975 Neck
69 Strat Custom Shop
Strat w 2006 Neck
Strat w 2015 Neck
62 Fender Tremolux
66 Fender Vibrolux Reverb
69 Fender Champ
Marshall Class 5
Marshall Origin 20C
Marshall/Steve Moratto JTM
Splawn 4x12
Framus 2x12
99 Peavey 410E

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion