The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-30-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschmitz54 View Post
For those who were somewhat cynical about MFs disposition of the AP30SB that were returned I see they have four of these guitars on their open box sale. Whether they were repaired or not I don’t know. The price is higher than the SDOTD but less than the normal price. It may be a case of what’s acceptable to one may not be to another. I not saying it’s right or wrong but coming from a retail background I guess I’ve seen it all in that regard.
Yea they are doing what i said they would do.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:40 PM

I received my AP66SHB yesterday. I paid the open box price but received a new guitar. Shadow burst is pretty and the bridge this time is flawless. However the strings that came on this guitar look and and feel like the strings on my Tele. Those are coming off as soon as I can get my hands on my stash of Elixer Polyweb lights at home. Saddle is a bit high but nothing I can’t correct. I guess this whole experience sorta dampened my enthusiasm for a parlor guitar but I like it enough to hang onto it for a while. I can always gift it to friend who wants to learn guitar at some point.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschmitz54 View Post
For those who were somewhat cynical about MFs disposition of the AP30SB that were returned I see they have four of these guitars on their open box sale. Whether they were repaired or not I don’t know. The price is higher than the SDOTD but less than the normal price. It may be a case of what’s acceptable to one may not be to another. I not saying it’s right or wrong but coming from a retail background I guess I’ve seen it all in that regard.

Sad part is MF may be banking on the fact that a buyer of a $150-250 guitar isn’t discerning or experienced enough to look to see if the bridge is lifting-until it is too late and no longer their problem. If this were to be the case.....I am done with MF. It’s tempting to buy one just to see.......
Old 05-30-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarxan View Post
I received my AP66SHB yesterday. I paid the open box price but received a new guitar. Shadow burst is pretty and the bridge this time is flawless. However the strings that came on this guitar look and and feel like the strings on my Tele. Those are coming off as soon as I can get my hands on my stash of Elixer Polyweb lights at home. Saddle is a bit high but nothing I can’t correct. I guess this whole experience sorta dampened my enthusiasm for a parlor guitar but I like it enough to hang onto it for a while. I can always gift it to friend who wants to learn guitar at some point.
I agree on changing strings but I’m thinking of GHS Americana or Martin Retros. Any thoughts on that appreciated. Sure is a nice looking little parlor guitar.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:41 PM

Default Soon to be NGD- Alvarez AP30SB Parlor-Stupid Deal of the Day

Funny you should mention the GHS Americanas. I was doing some research and those popped up. I happen to have the elixers- I use them in my dread and Om but I am going to order a set and see how they do.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:46 PM

I apologize for resurrecting this thread. I ordered an AP30SB last year when it was SDOTD, and was pleasantly surprised by how well it played and sounded, right out of the box. I've been playing it a lot lately as my "couch guitar" and really like the sound, it's loud, bright, and very resonant. Haven't had any problems with the bridge or otherwise, so maybe MF accidentally shipped out a few good ones!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion