The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-07-2016, 01:02 PM

Hi Jp,

I only just realized you are the same guy as the one in the Youtube link I posted.

Kudos to you as a fine player indeed.

Never thought I'd be thinking about buying a guitar for so little cash again.
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Special
Yamaha BB414 Bass
Old 01-07-2016, 04:54 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulp1960 View Post
Hi Jp,

I only just realized you are the same guy as the one in the Youtube link I posted.

Kudos to you as a fine player indeed.
:-) thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulp1960 View Post
Never thought I'd be thinking about buying a guitar for so little cash again.
We are indeed living in heaven presently (I'm talking guitars, ok ?)
There are plenty of phenomenal luthiers making extraordinary guitars to lots of people able to afford them, and at the other end, there are boatloads of well made and good sounding affordable guitars for almost anybody.
And anything in between.
Let's take advantage of the situation. It shouldn't last long. A decade or two.

http://www.youtube.com/user/batzic
Old 01-13-2016, 09:10 AM

Thanks for all the replies guys, plenty to think about!
Even more now though, as I managed to persuade the shop to get in a s000m-15e which is the all solid version. I played them both for a little while and now I'm really stuck!!
The solid one has got a very very nice tone, very close to the martin 00015 I used to have. It's got that "zing" that I remember my old martin having. But that could be down to the strings, as the other sigma has been in the shop a while and the strings are not as new. Having said that though, the tone on the laminate sigma is not far off, if anything I'd say its got a slightly mellower more rounded sound.
The solid wood one is also nicer to look at, it has a nicer grained top, nicer inlays and tuners, and a volute on the back of the headstock, also it has a fishman system and a case, which the other doesn't. But it is £300 more.
What a dilema!!
Can anyone say that changing the strings would add that "zing" that it's currently lacking, or is that more likely to be down to the actual guitar?
Thanks
Dan
Old 07-28-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansrockin View Post
Thanks for all the replies guys, plenty to think about!
Even more now though, as I managed to persuade the shop to get in a s000m-15e which is the all solid version. I played them both for a little while and now I'm really stuck!!
The solid one has got a very very nice tone, very close to the martin 00015 I used to have. It's got that "zing" that I remember my old martin having. But that could be down to the strings, as the other sigma has been in the shop a while and the strings are not as new. Having said that though, the tone on the laminate sigma is not far off, if anything I'd say its got a slightly mellower more rounded sound.
The solid wood one is also nicer to look at, it has a nicer grained top, nicer inlays and tuners, and a volute on the back of the headstock, also it has a fishman system and a case, which the other doesn't. But it is £300 more.
What a dilema!!
Can anyone say that changing the strings would add that "zing" that it's currently lacking, or is that more likely to be down to the actual guitar?
Thanks
Dan
So which one did you get?

Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/cronostesia

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion