The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-11-2020, 08:37 PM

In the OP and now a year later I can say that I played every combination of a Collings dread. I have stuck with a standard D2h so far. The T series is slightly warmer but nothing that makes a huge difference to me. It’s just a fact of if you like the neck and spacing more than anything. My D2h is punchy, Bright, and clear. A d2ht is the same with the highs and mid more mellow like a d1.

I’m currently wanting a d1t but the more I play the d1 guitars, the more I like my D2h. I get it, but the d1 and D2 still Sound close. They sound like a Collings. A d1 is more mellow and balanced vs the scoooed booming clarity of a D2h. But in a blind playback of recordings, they both sound close enough and have that Collings bite. Makes me feel like I don’t need 2 of those. So the search continues.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion