The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-19-2019, 01:05 PM
Charter Member

I tried the HX stomp, and quickly returned it. Maybe I got a bad unit, but it had an obvious digital high-pitched whine that made it totally unusable, and even ignoring that, the sound quality was quite grainy, even using no preamp or the studio preamp. Seemed to me to be good for a more colored/grungy electric sound, but not appropriate for the kind of acoustic sound I want. I'll be interested in hearing some demos from anyone that makes it work for them. The form factor, having everything in a small package, IR support, etc, is certainly attractive.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
I tried the HX stomp, and quickly returned it. Maybe I got a bad unit, but it had an obvious digital high-pitched whine that made it totally unusable, and even ignoring that, the sound quality was quite grainy, even using no preamp or the studio preamp. Seemed to me to be good for a more colored/grungy electric sound, but not appropriate for the kind of acoustic sound I want. I'll be interested in hearing some demos from anyone that makes it work for them. The form factor, having everything in a small package, IR support, etc, is certainly attractive.
Hmm interesting . Im not hearing anything
like that with mine. Perhaps your right in that you
got a bad one. I actually can get a decent sound
out of my kk equipped acoustic. And mandolin.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
That's really unfortunate, Doug. I have used my HX Effects (not quite the HX Stomp) at performance volumes and have been really pleased with the clean tone. Just using global EQ and the IR, dialing in. IR to various percentages and adding high and low filters to IR, it sounds fantastic.
50th Anniversary Fender Am Std Strat.
Gretsch 6120 Nashville Players in Blue.
Line 6 Helix.

If I played as much as I read threads, I'd be a pro....
Old 02-20-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:

I’ve been using a full Helix for years and now added the stomp. No issues like you describe.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification