The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 09-16-2021, 05:07 PM

A limited edition Les Paul Studio goes for $1599+tax and comes with a gig bag. I had to drop another $192.99+tax for an SBK HSC. Believe me, there are plenty of LP Studio owners that want an original LP HSC. And BTW-where were you five months ago? Bahahaha!!!

Last edited by Chickee; 09-18-2021 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
A limited edition Les Paul Studio goes for $1599+tax and comes with a gig bag. I had to drop another $170+tax for an SBK HSC. Believe me, there are plenty of LP Studio owners that want an original LP HSC. And BTW-where were you five months ago? Bahahaha!!!
I didn't realize that Les Paul Studios no longer came with a case. The last Studio I bought was a 2018 and it had the black case. As crazy as this sounds, the 2019 Gibson SG Standard came with a gig bag (soft shell case). I just checked and it appears the 2020 also comes with a gig bag.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I didn't realize that Les Paul Studios no longer came with a case. The last Studio I bought was a 2018 and it had the black case. As crazy as this sounds, the 2019 Gibson SG Standard came with a gig bag (soft shell case). I just checked and it appears the 2020 also comes with a gig bag.
Honestly Dru, I was not happy, but the quality of the 2021 Studio is so good I felt they put the money into the build by not adding on an OHSC. So no matter how you Twist and Turn, to get a decent LesPaul all in after tax is still $ two grand

Last edited by Chickee; 09-17-2021 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
Honestly Dru, I was not happy, but the quality of the 2021 Studio is so good I felt they put the money into the build by not adding on an OHSC.
That's good news. I heard on Phil McKnight's Know Your Gear podcast a few months ago that there are some companies that are no longer including hard shell cases with $1000+ guitars. The reason, just to keep the price down.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars