The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-04-2021, 09:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
Interesting. The link shows me it's $29. Maybe it timed out?
Did you check both the black and white prices? Crazy, but there can be a huge difference in price.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 12-04-2021, 10:06 AM
Charter Member

I bought two of them at the $9.99 price. One is for a stocking stuffer, and the other is for me.

I already have a Peterson Stroboclip. After using the Unitune for a few days, I think I may like it better than the Peterson. The Peterson may be a little more precise, but the Unitune wins on ease of use.

For work requiring very precise readings, such as checking and setting intonation, I'll use the Peterson. But for simple daily tunings, the Unitune is a winner.
Old 12-04-2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
Did you check both the black and white prices? Crazy, but there can be a huge difference in price.
Thanks, Dave. You're right. $15.99 for the white version. Good catch!
Old 12-05-2021, 06:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
The different thread was a psa started about the polytune being offered for $25. My sincere apologies for breaching your etiquette.
Yep, like I said a different product from a previous sale, so even though you’re keeping track to ensure that the person who first posts about something gets some sort of award, I was merely sharing it in a dedicated thread so people would see it since they never would in that other thread. I’m not sure I have any defined etiquette that you breached, you just seem to be missing the point and trying to make some other point that doesn’t matter.

At the end of the day, at least people saw and could get the cheap deal while it lasted.
Old 12-05-2021, 07:12 PM

i bought a couple at 9.99 as well. thanks for the heads up. i prefer these tuners to the snarks, even if they don't swivel.

the snarks are great, except i have found that a few short weeks after a battery change, they begin to have trouble with picking up bass notes, esp when down tuned. even though the display has not dimmed at all + the battery does not need to be changed at this point (and would likely not require changing for months), changing them immediately fixes this issue.

the unitunes are usable even as the batteries age and i don't experience issues with bass notes not being recognized.

cheers.
Old 12-06-2021, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr81dorn View Post
The person who first posted it buried deep in a thread about a different product from a sale several days before.

Good thing one thoughtful guy decided to start a dedicated post so people would actually see it and know about the sale.

;-)
Was that item posted previously at this forum? Yes or no? I was merely pointing out that somebody else had already posted the PSA about the $9.99 tuner.

Excuse me for being alive ... and posting, as I have, some PSAs I've found here. I guarantee you folks one thing and you can write it down , I will NEVER post a PSA here again. Spend your money on regularly priced items.

Happy now?
Alvarez AD710
Alvarez RD20S
Esteban American Legacy
Rogue mandolin
Old 12-06-2021, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph124C41 View Post
Was that item posted previously at this forum? Yes or no? I was merely pointing out that somebody else had already posted the PSA about the $9.99 tuner.

Excuse me for being alive ... and posting, as I have, some PSAs I've found here. I guarantee you folks one thing and you can write it down , I will NEVER post a PSA here again. Spend your money on regularly priced items.

Happy now?
YIKES! How did this get crosswise? I'm confused. Seems like you and others pointed out something to benefit the gang.
Old 12-06-2021, 12:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph124C41 View Post

Happy now?
I took that comment to express appreciation for highlighting the deal in its own thread. Pretty sure AGF members single-handedly cleared out the inventory allocated to the promotion.
Old 12-06-2021, 01:01 PM

Default Why is this post still up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbox View Post
Perhaps a bit annoying for those who bought them on sale last week for $15.99, huh?
Great tip from last month but they're back up to $29.99 today. So this post reads like clickbait...
Martin D-16GT
Martin 000M
Martin Backpacker
Breedlove Concert Copper E
Breedlove Solo Pro 12 String
Lucero classical A/E
Gretsch G9220 Resonator
Epi Dobro Hounddog
Recording King Parlor
Gold Tone F12 12-String Mando
The Loar LM700VS Mando
'61 Fender Strat
Fender 60's RW Jazz bass
90's Fender MIJ mystery passive P/J
Old 12-06-2021, 01:02 PM
Charter Member

All i know is I bought one for my brother in law and he loves it. I bought the polytune for myself when it was on sale and am glad I did. They were great deals.
Larrivee P03 sitka/hog,simple 6 OM & OM 09
Eastman E100ss-sb
Gibson J185 & 2016 J35
Fender player plus telecaster & Mustang P90
Gretsch MIK 5622T
Old 12-06-2021, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by negriljerry View Post
Great tip from last month but they're back up to $29.99 today. So this post reads like clickbait...
"Why is this post still up?"

The white ones are STILL $16, so that's why it hasn't faded down to the next page. Folks are STILL saving money.

WHITE Unitunes @ Sweetwater...

Why are YOU still up?

Last edited by Rudy4; 12-06-2021 at 08:23 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion