The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-22-2021, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Mott View Post
John, I must have missed you on Broome Street! I was there early on Saturday afternoon, just to see the Blue Gang reassembled, though I wasn’t able to play any. I’d been given a copy of the Blue Guitar book by a close friend back in the late ‘90s, and it made a lasting impression on me. “Audacious commission” hits the nail on the head, I might even add “expansive”—given the license offered to the builders, complete freedom around a unifying theme. Pretty enlightened, not least for the day. Nice that you got to play the Walker in the bunch, given your own instruments! Sounds like it was a great day. —Richard
Richard,

We must have just missed one another.

I arrived around 11 am but then discovered that Rudy wouldn't arrive until 2 pm. So my buddy, who is doing the photography for my article, and I had lunch and returned around 1 pm. We then hung out and played guitars until Rudy arrived. Rudy and I hung out and chatted until around 4 pm (and I got to play a few guitars).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop