The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-21-2018, 08:43 AM
Charter Member

Default Recommendations/favorite brands for quiet patch cables

Like the title says, looking to see what people are using for good quality, short (1 to 3') patch cables. Go!
Old 06-21-2018, 09:11 AM
Charter Member

Hey Methos,

I’m using these:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...cm-angle-angle

Someone else here on the forum mentioned them, I tried them, and replaced ALL of my patch cables with these. Great quality wire and shielding, and they don’t use up space between pedals. Makes your pedalboard layout much easier to manage. I’m completely happy with them. FWIW, I replaced mogami high end patch cables.

Mark
Guitars; Esteban -"Tribute to Paula Abdul L.E." Arturo Fuente- Cigar Box"Hand Made" First Act-"Diamond Bling" Main Street- "Flaming Acoustic" Silvertone-"Paul Stanley Dark Star" Daisy Rock- "Purple Daze"
Old 06-21-2018, 09:13 AM

Are you talking pedal to pedal? If so, I like the direct connector or the offset barrel connectors. They help hold the pedals in place on my pedal boards. Otherwise, I just got some MXR cables with my 10 band eq and theirs are very nice - low profile right angle design. Not the big blocky type.

I have some braided kind and some planet waves, but if possible, I prefer the direct connector.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele1111 View Post
Hey Methos,

I’m using these:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...cm-angle-angle

Someone else here on the forum mentioned them, I tried them, and replaced ALL of my patch cables with these. Great quality wire and shielding, and they don’t use up space between pedals. Makes your pedalboard layout much easier to manage. I’m completely happy with them. FWIW, I replaced mogami high end patch cables.

Mark
I've been using these, too, for the past few months on my pedal board, and I'm very happy so far. I don't hear any noise or problems with the tone, and they are very low-profile, making it easy to make room for one large preamp/DI unit and two moderately large pedals along with several others of the usual size.

Louis
Old 06-21-2018, 10:39 AM

Pricey and probably overkill, but I bought all Analysis Plus cables, including patch cables.
One of my pet peeves is cables that fail when performing or recording.

https://www.analysis-plus.com/produc...-patch-cables/
Old 06-21-2018, 10:58 AM

If you really want to geek out over the details, check out this comparison video. If you have some specific issues, it can help you pick cables that will help with whatever you're dealing with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u548vUk6mmE

Louis
Old 06-21-2018, 01:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
Are you talking pedal to pedal? If so, I like the direct connector or the offset barrel connectors. They help hold the pedals in place on my pedal boards. Otherwise, I just got some MXR cables with my 10 band eq and theirs are very nice - low profile right angle design. Not the big blocky type.

I have some braided kind and some planet waves, but if possible, I prefer the direct connector.
No, not for a pedal board or direct connect. Those Sweetwater flat cables look interesting. Just looking for something low noise but also relatively durable. I like that the EBS ones come in a few odd lengths. Might have to check those out.

Anyone else? The Mogami are a little too high price for me.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
Are you talking pedal to pedal? If so, I like the direct connector or the offset barrel connectors. They help hold the pedals in place on my pedal boards.

+1 for these connectors. They are available in a number of sizes and offsets. I take them apart and replace the inexpensive center wire with a better quality one and then super glue them together. Yes it’s additional work but none have ever failed. You can’t beat reliability.
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer
Old 06-22-2018, 07:41 AM
Charter Member

I've tried them all. EBS Gold flat cables are on all 3 of my Pedaltrain boards. Sweetwater carries the full line including an insert cable with 1 TRS and 2 TS.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive-south View Post
I've tried them all. EBS Gold flat cables are on all 3 of my Pedaltrain boards. Sweetwater carries the full line including an insert cable with 1 TRS and 2 TS.
A ringing endorsement - thanks! I'm going to give these a try. Ordering today, will post an update after getting them.

Notice you're in Mass... Shouldn't your AGF handle be 'drive-north'?!?
Old 06-22-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Like the title says, looking to see what people are using for good quality, short (1 to 3') patch cables. Go!
Sorry, what's the intended use? I believe you said not for a pedalboard so why so short? I really like the Evidence Audio Monorail cables with SIS plugs. You can make your own lengths and they are awesome.

Bulk mogami and GLS pancake plugs are also great. I used them as well but I like the convenience of not having to solder.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Sorry, what's the intended use? I believe you said not for a pedalboard so why so short? I really like the Evidence Audio Monorail cables with SIS plugs. You can make your own lengths and they are awesome.

Bulk mogami and GLS pancake plugs are also great. I used them as well but I like the convenience of not having to solder.
Going to be used not for a pedal board but for a couple pedals, specifically an Ernie Ball VP JR to a Neunaber Wet Reverb and then to a Boss VE-8. So I need a little space between them. I just bought two EBS cables, the short 7" one as I run the Neunaber and VP JR both at my feet and then the longer 22.8" one to the VE-8 which is at my wife's feet so she can activate the harmony pedal.

I actually looked at the EA Monorail system with SIS plugs when I stopped in GC last night. I liked that you could customize your length and also a solderless solution has an appeal as you could easily make repairs at a gig. You should write up a little more detail about your experience with this system as it would be a nice addition to this thread.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:21 PM

I like the color-coded GLS Audio cables. Seem to do a good job.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification