The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 04-21-2014, 01:44 PM

Default WTB: 40's or 50's J45

So while on my quest in finding a J45TV or a Sheryl Crow SJ, I was fortunate to stumble upon a few examples of each guitar. I was very impressed with both of them. They sounded great and was everything I could expect out of a modern J45/SJ. I was actually ready to happily walk away with the Shery Crow, but unfortunately the owner of the shop made a huge mistake in letting me play his 1959 J45. I was completely in awe. Couldn't put the thing down. I'd never heard a J45 like that. Unfortunately it was in horrible condition and had a heavily shaved bridge and a huge back bow. After playing it, I tried the J45tv and SC again and they didn't even come close in comparison, so I did not go through with the purchase. I can't get the sound of that old J45 out of my head. It's haunting me.

So, I am hoping to find an equally good sounding 50's or 40's J45. You must have a sound clip or video as for me it's all about tone. Also the guitar must be in solid condition. I don't want to spend any money on repairs, neck resets, refrets etc. I don't mind character, repaired cracks and battle scars but it has to be structurally good to go.

Please email me what you have or if you see anything.

Cheers!
Old 04-21-2014, 01:55 PM
Charter Member

There is a '53 J45 advertised on the Martin forum right now (UMGF). It's
not mine, but it may be what you're seeking.

Good luck!

Ron

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
gibson, j45