The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-22-2018, 10:08 AM

Default NPUD

I finally broke down & had a pickup installed in my “Old Girl” - a Martin 000-15M. I’ve been very pleased with my two L.R. Baggs Lyrics - one in a Larrivée LS and another in a Larrivée OM - but I thought I’d try someting different and went with a Baggs Anthem SL in the 000-15. Once again I’m very pleased with another Baggs pickup. I don’t notice any volume or tone loss (which was one of my concerns) and the plugged-in sound is great. I still think the Lyric sounds marginally more “acoustic” but the Anthem SL is close and does offer more bass response than the Lyric. Most importantly, to my ears the Old Girl still sounds like herself plugged in rather than like a generic UST.

Also, kudos to Billy Ethridge at Accu-Tech Guitar Repair. Billy’s a true craftsman, a gentleman and a wonderful storyteller. If anyone needs work done in the Tidewater, VA area I can’t praise Billy’s work enough.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification