The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-31-2016, 04:56 PM

Default What's 65/35 bronze strings?

Hi everybody, I've asked a question before about string wear and got some great answers there, thanks. Somebody told me to think more about string composition rather than tension.

Currently, I'm using daddario's ej27, they're silverplated, the wound ones of course. Previously I'd been using a set here from Brazil which is called "Giannini", very traditional and affordable since Daddarios need to be imported and taxes make the price rise to the sky!

At Giannini's pack it's written "65/35 Bronze", well, actually Silver Bronze. Pardon my ignorance but I can't understand that, as to my mind Bronze can't be Silver, if you know what I mean.

For some reason they seemed to last more than Daddario's silverplated. Any thoughts on that?

Furthermore, could somebody shed a light into the usual compositions of nylon strings?

Thanks a million!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Tags
material, nylon, strings