The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-13-2014, 11:50 AM

Default HNGD - Breedlove Pursuit

Picked this up the other day and just finished a setup. All add more comments after I set up the links.
http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/te...tml?sort=3&o=4
http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/te...tml?sort=3&o=3
http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/te...tml?sort=3&o=0
http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/te...tml?sort=3&o=2
Really nice guitar. I'm getting too old to play dreadnaught size guitars any more. This one is really comfortable. After setup, plays very nice. Love the sound of the ceder top. And the looks. Simple and elegant. No real "bling" except for the abalone rosette. Fishman electronics. USB interface to Garage Band on Macs at least. Don't know about PCs. Made in China but construction and finish are beautiful. Only comment is not a lot of saddle left after setup. Only removed .050" from bottom. Nut slots needed to be lowered. Neck relief was perfect. No TR adjustment required. Came with EXP strings which I look but broke one after too many tune-detune operations during setup. May try some 80-20s on this. There might almost be too much of what I like about. Just really warm and mellow. Thoughts vs PB?
Here's a shot of the saddle after the setup. The bridge could probably be shaved down .030" or so with no problem if it becomes necessary.
http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/te...tml?sort=3&o=1
Really dig this guitar. Sound, looks, and feel. At $500 with a gig bag, it is hard to beat.

Last edited by terryj47; 07-13-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:23 PM

Very nice. I like my Alvarez for now but what I really want is a Breedlove. At the time I couldn't afford what I wanted. It is the brand I always gravitate toward in the stores.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amite View Post
Very nice. I like my Alvarez for now but what I really want is a Breedlove. At the time I couldn't afford what I wanted. It is the brand I always gravitate toward in the stores.
Thanks. Surprised more people have not commented. These new models are great guitars. Enjoy your Alvarez!
Old 07-14-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amite View Post
I like my Alvarez for now but what I really want is a Breedlove.
The two of mine that I end up grabbing the most are a Breedlove and an Alvarez (Oregon concert and RD210SB--a cheap dreadnaught). They're both great guitars!

terryj47, congrats on the new guitar! I really like cedar tops, and that is a TON of guitar for $500.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:43 AM

Beautiful guitar!! Love breedloves!!
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)
Old 07-14-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojosh View Post
The two of mine that I end up grabbing the most are a Breedlove and an Alvarez (Oregon concert and RD210SB--a cheap dreadnaught). They're both great guitars!

terryj47, congrats on the new guitar! I really like cedar tops, and that is a TON of guitar for $500.
Thank you much. Couldn't agree more.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty bradbury View Post
Beautiful guitar!! Love breedloves!!
Thanks. My new favorite for sure.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryj47 View Post
Thanks. Surprised more people have not commented. These new models are great guitars. Enjoy your Alvarez!
Thanks. I have the low-end of their Artist series(AD30). It was a good deal and has good features, and I always tell people to look at Alvarez if they have a small budget.
However, the Breedloves sound sweet to me. When I am ready to upgrade, I will be looking at Breedlove. I think you have a lot of features for the money you spent. Enjoy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
breedlove, ceder, pursuit